Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally after 3 months of shopping for a new ride I brought home a Charger. Thanks to all of the great info here (signed up in June and lurked), I picked up a ton of info from you cats. Thank you.

Over the course of 3 months, you name the car, I looked at it. Stange thing is that I kept coming back to the Charger. What really sold me was the HEMI (big shock right). I kept asking myself, how have I lived without an engine like this in my life. Back in the 80's I drove a sweet GT Mustang, but it did not have the power this beast has. Truly amazing.

I have a ton of plans for this silver bullet and look forward to learning more from this fine group.

Listed below are the specs of my rig:

- 2006 DODGE CHARGER R/T N Pkg. $29,320.00

Colors
- Primary: Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat Included
- Interior: Dark/Light Slate Gray Included

Power
- 5.7L HEMI V8 Engine w/Multiple Displacement Included
- 2.82 Axle Ratio Included
- 5-Speed Automatic W5A580 Transmission Included

Options
- Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats Included
- P225/60R18 BSW Touring Tires Included
- 18" x 7.5" Aluminum Polished Wheels Included
- 6 Boston Acoustics Speakers Included
- DVD-based GPS Navigation System with 6-CD/MP3 Chngr $1,895.00
- SIRIUS Satellite Digital Radio $195.00
- UConnect Hands-Free Communication $360.00
- Eight-Way Power Driver's Seat Included
- Electronics Convenience Group $630.00
- Air Conditioning Included
- Convenience Group II $955.00
- Engine Block Heater $40.00
- Smoker's Group $30.00
- Destination Charge $675.00

TOTAL PRICE: $34,325 MSRP
ACTUAL COST: $31,500

FREE
: Tint (Limo on the back three windows)
FREE: 3 years worth of oil changes

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Jester said:
Finally after 3 months of shopping for a new ride I brought home a Charger. Thanks to all of the great info here (signed up in June and lurked), I picked up a ton of info from you cats. Thank you.

Over the course of 3 months, you name the car, I looked at it. Stange thing is that I kept coming back to the Charger. What really sold me was the HEMI (big shock right). I kept asking myself, how have I lived without an engine like this in my life. Back in the 80's I drove a sweet GT Mustang, but it did not have the power this beast has. Truly amazing.

I have a ton of plans for this silver bullet and look forward to learning more from this fine group.

Listed below are the specs of my rig:

- 2006 DODGE CHARGER R/T N Pkg. $29,320.00

Colors
- Primary: Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat Included
- Interior: Dark/Light Slate Gray Included

Power
- 5.7L HEMI V8 Engine w/Multiple Displacement Included
- 2.82 Axle Ratio Included
- 5-Speed Automatic W5A580 Transmission Included

Options
- Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats Included
- P225/60R18 BSW Touring Tires Included
- 18" x 7.5" Aluminum Polished Wheels Included
- 6 Boston Acoustics Speakers Included
- DVD-based GPS Navigation System with 6-CD/MP3 Chngr $1,895.00
- SIRIUS Satellite Digital Radio $195.00
- UConnect Hands-Free Communication $360.00
- Eight-Way Power Driver's Seat Included
- Electronics Convenience Group $630.00
- Air Conditioning Included
- Convenience Group II $955.00
- Engine Block Heater $40.00
- Smoker's Group $30.00
- Destination Charge $675.00

TOTAL PRICE: $34,325 MSRP
ACTUAL COST: $31,500

FREE
: Tint (Limo on the back three windows)
FREE: 3 years worth of oil changes

Congratulations!! Beautiful car and may I say WISE choice! And AAHHH... engine block heater in Houston. O.K. I wonder why the dealer ordered it that way?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Congrats!....I ordered the same color. Wanted black,but too hard to keep clean. Ordered mine on Aug. 8th, got VIN on the 12th, in D status now....can't wait!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sweet ride just like the rest of the Chargers :) The color looks good but I am still hung up on the Inferno Red. I am still itching to get one but still have to wait until next year :( Enjoy your new ride......and smoke em one time for me :)

Later

·
Registered
23 Posts
Without the blue tooth and engine block heater you have the same R/T that I got on 7/29. I love the bright silver....cool ride!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Howdy Jester, welcome to the forum,and congrats on the new wheels :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL! Yes it came with just about everything but the kitchen sink. It was my only choice in the color that I wanted, so I figured what the hell. Plus the price on the rig was very hard to pass up. As for the block heater, that one cracked me up as well. Maybe it is for that one week in December/January where we hit the mid 20's.

Today was the first day with the bluetooth option and Sirius radio. Let me tell you both options are very cool. I spend my life in a car traveling around from appointment to appointment. This feature is a great addition. My wife said that it sounds better than my headset, which is a good thing. As for Sirius, it's cool to have such a selection of music and talk radio.

Now I am working on my upgrade list...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Jester said:
LOL! Yes it came with just about everything but the kitchen sink. It was my only choice in the color that I wanted, so I figured what the hell. Plus the price on the rig was very hard to pass up. As for the block heater, that one cracked me up as well. Maybe it is for that one week in December/January where we hit the mid 20's.

Today was the first day with the bluetooth option and Sirius radio. Let me tell you both options are very cool. I spend my life in a car traveling around from appointment to appointment. This feature is a great addition. My wife said that it sounds better than my headset, which is a good thing. As for Sirius, it's cool to have such a selection of music and talk radio.

Now I am working on my upgrade list...
what do you have planned? i bought a charger w/o the nav option because i was planning on replacing the HU.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shrinkydinx said:
what do you have planned? i bought a charger w/o the nav option because i was planning on replacing the HU.
Well first up on the mod list is a new set of wheels. I was thinking about going with a beefy look, staggered tires (small in front, big in back). My thought is that I own a charger, not a 300c so I don't need to roll around on 24's. This is a muscle car.

After that I am giving serious consideration to adding a CIA (either K&N or the Mopar version). Not sure if it gives me a performance gain or not, but I like the idea of what it might offer. Coupled with this is a new header/exahust system. I have not seen anything out there yet that is providing conclusive evidence on which one is best.

Next I am interested in adding a front air foil lip (no idea if this is the correct name for it). I saw one on a guy's new Charger at the dearlership. It was a small touch but gave it a really cool look. As for the rear spoiler, the jury is out on this mod. One day I like it, the next I don't.

So those are my immediate things to get done. I thought about not going with the Nav unit and going the route you are, but it was there so I did not worry about it. The sound works for me, which is strange considering that I have quite a bit invested in my home audio.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Welcome Jester!! Congrats and enjoy your new ride!!! Mike :clap:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Jester, sweet ride, can't wait till wintertime when I've got enough of a down payment saved to get mine!

What dealer did you go with? I've looked at a couple on the south side, since those are either where I live or in my commute path, but haven't decided on one yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
houstoncharger said:
Hey Jester, sweet ride, can't wait till wintertime when I've got enough of a down payment saved to get mine!

What dealer did you go with? I've looked at a couple on the south side, since those are either where I live or in my commute path, but haven't decided on one yet.
Sorry that I did not see this post sooner?! :confused:

I bought my rig from Huffman Dodge on I-10. Great folks and excellent service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts