Charger Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Friend and I joke about Pedal Commander. waste of $
O they make it for KIA also LOL
I have the Pedal Commander.....I freakin love that thing ....the best $250 i have spent for any mod on any car...Just a lot of fun to driver with that thing installed
......results must be very subjective lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the Banks Power 64310 PedalMonster Throttle Response Enhancer. The reason I bought Banks was because it gets power from the 12vdc supplied by the OBDII connector instead of the 5 volts power to the throttle sensor. The other throttle enhancers pull power from the throttle sensor circuit which causes problems because the voltage on the circuit can get to low for the sensor to function properly. Hence the complaints about suddenly having a dead accelerator pedal, having to pull over and remove the throttle enhancer to get back home. I also liked that Banks had reverse safety (stock response when in reverse).

However, when setting it up you have to choose a vehicle in the menu on your phone and the only Dodge choices were trucks. I contacted Banks about it and they said "Oh it will still work on your car, you just won't have the reverse safety. Just choose any Dodge truck model an you'll be fine". Well Reverse was too sketchy for me. I was chirping the tires every time I backed up. I returned it.

Since then I learned that the throttle and transmission shift circuits on these cars are adaptive. Meaning they constantly learn from the driver inputs and adjust accordingly. About 3 months after ditching the Banks Pedal Monster, I honestly can't tell a difference. It's not like I have one and it's set to max (10) but it's definitely allot more responsive than when it was new. More like having a throttle enhancer set around 5-6 out of 10 which is pretty responsive to me. I also installed the Hellcat lower filter box and installed a dry K&N filter. This also had a positive effect on throttle response and transmission shifting after it "adapted" for a week or 2.

I would upgrade your intake/air filter in some way and let the car adapt to your input for a month or so. I think you'll be surprised. If you are still hell bent on getting a throttle enhancer (like I was), I would go with the Banks knowing that the throttle circuit voltage will not be compromised and the reverse safety will not work on your car. None of the other throttle enhancers have reverse safety anyway LOL!

·
Registered
'22 SPWB +, Octane Red, Carbon stripes, H/K audio, MSG wheels. Delivered and picking up April 29th.
158 Posts
Hi guys… I just took delivery of my 2022 Scat Pack Wide Body….. I traded in my 2019 Camaro 2SS.

So far I love the new ride. But I noticed a significant delay in the throttle response.

I‘ve noticed a few devices online.

can you guys please give me your feedback on the best way to handle it?
Have the exact vehicle (2500 miles now) and is my second. You'll get used to it and it's fine. In sport, it will be more responsive and harsher downshifts. I personally think it's perfect to be easy on it and get good gas mileage or hard on it to have fun. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys… I just took delivery of my 2022 Scat Pack Wide Body….. I traded in my 2019 Camaro 2SS.

So far I love the new ride. But I noticed a significant delay in the throttle response.

I‘ve noticed a few devices online.

can you guys please give me your feedback on the best way to handle it?
I took delivery of a 22 Scat 3weeks ago. After leaving the dealership, I gave it a little throttle.. I instantly thought..WTFaaarrrrk! However, at the next light I took it out of "eco mode" .. Yeah. problem solved. If the 485 isn't enough for ya, look up 'HP tuner'. It's not a magic box. It's a software program. Kind of in-depth but worth the effort. Cheerz to your new ride.🍻

21 - 25 of 25 Posts