Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys… I just took delivery of my 2022 Scat Pack Wide Body….. I traded in my 2019 Camaro 2SS.

So far I love the new ride. But I noticed a significant delay in the throttle response.

I‘ve noticed a few devices online.

can you guys please give me your feedback on the best way to handle it?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
There's that gimmicky pedal commander thing. But that doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger
139 Posts
Most of the throttle response boxes you'll see on Amazon & FeeBay do work. They do NOT make your car faster, but can help with the lag in throttle response. A tune will do much more for your car, though. Although the 9-Drive and boxes like that do help, I would suggest looking into a good tune for your car before spending any money. And as @John Kloehr said, Sport Mode should help, too.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
958 Posts
They have already mentioned the available tuners and they are also the ones that know.

It’s that stupid electronic throttle, I miss the old cables.
My wife’s Mercedes is the same way, stomp on the pedal, get irritated for a second because nothing happens and then suddenly it pins you to the seat. I just got used to it and adjust my timing with the pedal.
*the only reason I used her car and not mine is that I’m sure you’re not interested in an SXT throttle response. Although, the aforementioned sports mode does help a little.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
They have already mentioned the available tuners and they are also the ones that know.

My wife’s Mercedes is the same way, stomp on the pedal, get irritated for a second because nothing happens and then suddenly it pins you to the seat. I just got used to it and adjust my timing with the pedal.
*the only reason I used her car and not mine is that I’m sure you’re not interested in an SXT throttle response. Although, the aforementioned sports mode does help a little.
My wife's new Mercedes is the same way. Even when I turn off that stupid shutoff thing when you're sitting at a light, if you floor it you wait for what seems like 3 hours and then it just launches you back in the seat. It's 4matic so it launches pretty hard. It's not as quick as the Charger, I believe high 14s, but it does put you back in the seat from a dig. But yeah it has horrible throttle response. I wonder if the AMG cars are the same way?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys… I just took delivery of my 2022 Scat Pack Wide Body….. I traded in my 2019 Camaro 2SS.

So far I love the new ride. But I noticed a significant delay in the throttle response.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the all the feedback. I tried the sport selection and that really helps.
is the any way to keep sport mode on? Or do I have to set it every time I drive?

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
958 Posts
Without a tuner, you have to select every time. You can set it to stay with a tuner.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Even with a tuner, unless the tune added actually matched the sport mode settings, you'll have to select it every time.

The good news is, once you get a tune, sport mode becomes even more fun because it ramps up what's already there.

If I REALLY want to have fun, I put the beast in track mode and have at it.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts

I wonder if you could get the hydraulic pedal setup from Summit and convert it?

·
Premium Member
2021 Hellion Twin turbo 392
1,473 Posts
Even with a tuner, unless the tune added actually matched the sport mode settings, you'll have to select it every time.

The good news is, once you get a tune, sport mode becomes even more fun because it ramps up what's already there.

If I REALLY want to have fun, I put the beast in track mode and have at it.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
I thought yours doesnt have sport/track mode anymore..now has “stupid, stupider, stupidly insane” now as modes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: jdud620

·
Registered
566 Posts
There's a throttle calibration that you could try doing. For a lot of drive/throttle by wire cars people say it improves bad delays. From a quick search it seems that some charger people claim it works and others say there's no way it can work but might be worth a try?

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 with Shaker, Mopar Cat back & Coil overs, kicker, Diablo Trinity 2
119 Posts
My wife's new Mercedes is the same way. Even when I turn off that stupid shutoff thing when you're sitting at a light, if you floor it you wait for what seems like 3 hours and then it just launches you back in the seat. It's 4matic so it launches pretty hard. It's not as quick as the Charger, I believe high 14s, but it does put you back in the seat from a dig. But yeah it has horrible throttle response. I wonder if the AMG cars are the same way?
My councilor likes his AMG and after warranty out will remove electronic governor so not limited like overseas. I can ask him about responsiveness. I liked Trinity 2 in my 07 to increase it's response.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

Put it in sport mode, or better yet, track mode. I have a 2019 Scat Pack and when sport mode or track mode are used, it has by far the best throttle response of any car I've owned. This includes a couple of Trans Ams, GTOs and a G8.

GTO_04

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 with Shaker, Mopar Cat back & Coil overs, kicker, Diablo Trinity 2
119 Posts
There's that gimmicky pedal commander thing. But that doesn't do anything.
Friend and I joke about Pedal Commander. They make it for 13 Pilot AWD, tank, and 4cyl 05 Accord. My wife and son say no pedal commander :rolleyes: AKA waste of $
O they make it for KIA also LOL

·
Premium Member
2020 Daytona Charger
5 Posts

I have the Pedal Commander.....I originally put it into my 2017 RT Durango ....moved it to my 2020 5.7 Daytona and now moved it to my 2021 Scat Pack
I freakin love that thing ....the best $250 i have spent for any mod on any car...Just a lot of fun to driver with that thing installed

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

1 - 20 of 25 Posts