Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am trying to help a friend out with her 2014 Dodge Charger SXT (3.6L V6). She wants to have an exhaust system installed, but all she knows is that she wants a more loud and aggressive sound. We've been looking up some videos for some research but I have some questions:

1. Do most of you guys just buy a set of performance mufflers? Or do you guys go with the cat-back exhaust system? I can't tell from some of the youtube video descriptions whether you guys get the muffler or the whole system.

2. Since this is the V6 version of the charger, what are my options really (I prefer cat-back)?

3.What are the best retailers to buy exhaust systems? (I'm not trying to get ripped off)

As of now, my friend likes the sound of the Flowmaster super 10... But I can't find a catback system for the SXT, so is this just a muffler swap for the videos that I see on youtube?

Any input will help! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Lots of people ran zoomers on the last generation Chargers. I haven't heard of too many people putting them on the new model though, but I have recently been on the zoomers site for possible consideration.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would also look into having the rear resonators cut off and replaced with Cherry Bomb glasspacks. I dont have the link to the youtube video but I can honestly tell you its the best exhaust setup I have heard on a 6er. Would be cheap as well but even sound wise it was really good.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Lots of people ran zoomers on the last generation Chargers. I haven't heard of too many people putting them on the new model though, but I have recently been on the zoomers site for possible consideration.
Lots of them on the second gen cars as well, still our top selling system for the LX platform.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts