Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure that some people may have a problem with me saying this, but I am going to anyway. I know that we have been looking for competition for the charger, since there really isn't one except for its platformates, but I will throw this one into the ring. The new Trailblazer SS. Most of the people in here want a bigger car that also has the preformance they want. For me, being 6'6 I need a bigger car and need either an SUV or a large sedan like the Charger. Regardless I have attached a link to Car and Drivers recent review, which is the current October issue. 5.4 0-60 and for 33,600.... with an all wheel drive available..... just wondering what some peoples opinions are.
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=41&article_id=10002&page_number=1

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hardly "competition" for the Charger and that is like comparing apples to bananas. A Charger is a Sedan and that thing is an SUV. Granted it might have lots of performance but it is still an SUV.....IMHO not competition.

Later

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Man, that's a lot of horsepower for an SUV. At 6'6" you just might need that extra room. You're about 5 inches taller than me so I really can't imagine what space you would need. I would buy that myself if I were in the market for an SUV...but I still have a quadcab 2004 HEMI truck in the driveway..4X4. If in the market for a car I would take the Charger hands-down. Mileage would definitely be better too. Otherwise it sounds like the 395 horse Chev would be sweet. Good luck on that decision.

·
Registered
403 Posts
thats a sweet truck. Tuned suspension, front ram air, powerful motor. Thats a hell of a SUV but in terms of cars no but overall performance you may have you hands full next to one of those at a light.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hendo5698 said:
I am sure that some people may have a problem with me saying this, but I am going to anyway. I know that we have been looking for competition for the charger, since there really isn't one except for its platformates, but I will throw this one into the ring. The new Trailblazer SS. Most of the people in here want a bigger car that also has the preformance they want. For me, being 6'6 I need a bigger car and need either an SUV or a large sedan like the Charger. Regardless I have attached a link to Car and Drivers recent review, which is the current October issue. 5.4 0-60 and for 33,600.... with an all wheel drive available..... just wondering what some peoples opinions are.
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=41&article_id=10002&page_number=1
Man **** GM!!!! :mad:
i'll never stop saying that. Dude the only reason that GM drop that piece of trash is cuz they heard about mopars jeep srt8. now thats what you need to be researching instead of bring GM up. Dodge is all you need in ya life :wink:

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
RonRacer said:
Man **** GM!!!! :mad:
i'll never stop saying that. Dude the only reason that GM drop that piece of trash is cuz they heard about mopars jeep srt8. now thats what you need to be researching instead of bring GM up. Dodge is all you need in ya life :wink:

You damn skippy!!! I have had 4 GM vehichles. I have had 3 car fires. Coincidence??? My GMC didn't go up in smoke, but it smoked the engine, tranny, rear end, transfer case and radiator before I even had 1000 miles on it (bought it as 2nd owner with 85,000 miles on it).

I will NEVER buy another bowtie or bowtie afiliated vehicle (I will take one if give for free....), GM is evil.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
I see the GM lovers abound here. I would think the GrandPrix GXP would be more in line as direct competition for the Charger (High 13/Low 14 1/4 sedan). I personally like the TrailBlazer SS though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
radguy said:
I see the GM lovers abound here. I would think the GrandPrix GXP would be more in line as direct competition for the Charger (High 13/Low 14 1/4 sedan). I personally like the TrailBlazer SS though.
Reason why I stated the Trailblazer SS is because it is a bigger vehicle that has RWD.... not FWD like the Grand Prix GXP. Obviously we all understand that this is an SUV and not a car, but preformance wise its right there. And I have looked at the Cherokee SRT-8 but as from what I have read its going to be around the $40,000 area, and that is alot more than what we are talking about with the SS.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i don't consider it to be a threat but more of a truth to what i have believed for the last year or so....people really don't care about gas prices. if you build a strong v8 monster - people will buy it. i believe we are in the new era of the muscle car (suv).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hendo5698 said:
Nice vehicle but I think that is an estimated price? Will you actually be able to buy one for that????

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I do not see that as direct comeption for the Charger... I have had Suburbans, pick-ups and just got rid of an avalanche for my charger.... the trailbazer is a different vehicle for a different crowd... I think it is more of a "threat" to the magnum wagon then it is to the charger.... still a performance vehicle... but a different performance market...

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hendo5698 said:
And I have looked at the Cherokee SRT-8 but as from what I have read its going to be around the $40,000 area, and that is alot more than what we are talking about with the SS.
Yea cuz GM is about to be bankrupt they can't afford to sell cars higher than 35 :lol:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hendo5698 said:

Threat?!?!?!?!

HA! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
RonRacer said:
Yea cuz GM is about to be bankrupt they can't afford to sell cars higher than 35 :lol:
Ron, you forget about the 'vette z06 supercar, it stickers at 68k and might be the performance steal of ALL TIME!!!

Quite frankly, the Trailblazer SS might make a Charger driver look twice before running one, but so will the Jeep SRT-8, Porsche Cayenne Turbo etc..

·
Registered
832 Posts
well how about i put this thread to rest MPH magazine put jeep srt8 and charger srt8 at 9 & 10 for 40 things to live for in 2006.(no ss tobe found) :whistle:
and by the waybest burnout ever

1 - 16 of 16 Posts