Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone

I know we've all dreaded the horrible suspension on are gorgeous vehicles but just wanted to fill you in on the recent success of a full suspension overhaul. Shocks and struts, lower control arms, upper control arm, lower ball joint , inner and outer tie rods my mechanic which is one of my customers for my job did all the work for me a little under $300 . couldn't thank him enough , even throw in a 18 pack Platinum Bud Lights his favorite but yeah this baby rides like a champion. When I tell you she rides just as good today then when she came off the lot...... ya know she actually drives better because when I bought her used she had some shimmy in the front but i thought it was the aftermarket wheels i had installed at the dealer. Anything on the freeway a little over 65 miles an hour she would shake like crazy. now nothing she rides smooth as Remy. Now next month halo ????.

Pics off the install

Attachments

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Glad to hear she rides like new, what is the mileage on your Charger right now?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Of all the work that was done the most problematic piece that was giving me the dreaded metal on metal clunk noise was the lower control arm or tension strut. That thing was shot. I'll put it this way. I had all those parts install except for that control arm and yesterday when i road it home most of the noise was gone except for the loudest of them all. Which came from that arm...my mechanic told me i switched out everything except for that so might well swap that out to. So i had to get the arms this morning and all good...so if you have that dread clunk noise going over bumps at pretty much any speed I'd start there. I'm currently at 85k and bought it at 28k and this was the first thing I've done to the suspension since buying her.....well overdue. Especially riding around on 24" rims on Michigan roads

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Yup. I just had the same done to my car and man-o-man what a difference! It's amazing how the little stuff creeps up on you like that.

All that plus a set of Continental ProContact tires and it's like riding on air. I had 98k on her when all the work got done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts