Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by my dealer in Colorado today (Champion Dodge in Windsor) and got to talking with my sales guy Mike and sales woman Mary who, incidentally, is just about the nicest and prettiest gal you'd ever want to meet, plus she drives an SRT8 Charger (black, of course).

Anyway, Mike tells me that the next Super Bee is the blue version and the decals will be white. I guess it's being called Petty Blue but it isn't the same blue from the 70's.

I'm scheduled next Saturday to get the whole white gunk in the coolant system flushed as well as the 3rd brake light replaced. I have to tell you that those people at Champion are the greatest.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If the car is blue with white stripes, I wonder what color the interior stitching will be?

1) It could be blue to match the exterior, like on the 07 Bees and Daytonas.

2) It could be red, like all other SRT-8 Chargers. That would be patriotic. Red, white and blue.

3) Maybe yellow, to keep the black and yellow bee theme in the interior.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I stopped by my dealer in Colorado today (Champion Dodge in Windsor) and got to talking with my sales guy Mike and sales woman Mary who, incidentally, is just about the nicest and prettiest gal you'd ever want to meet, plus she drives an SRT8 Charger (black, of course).
So..... Hu's on first?
:D

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Actually it is not Petty Blue color they are using for the 08 Super Bee's. They are going with another older color (B5 Blue).

·
Registered
686 Posts
This B5 blue bee was shown two weeks ago in Detroit at the woodward dream cruise Check out the rims , black pockets sorta like the 06 Daytonas .

·
Registered
731 Posts
Boy am I glad I got my yellow one! Blue just doesn't do it for me. Then you add in the white decals.........? The black decals on the car above just does not "POP" like it does with black on yellow.

Just my opinion of course.;)

·
Registered
443 Posts
I think it should be a darker blue then it would be HOT!

·
Registered
537 Posts
i like the yellow more then then blue.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
I think they should have it like the old super bees. Not have a limited run of one color a year but make some performance upgrades and let the owner chose the color. Not all old school bee's were unicolor. BTW, I would chose yellow if it was set up this way anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
I do like the wheels. If they produce them just like that I may have to look into getting a spare set lol

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think they should have it like the old super bees. Not have a limited run of one color a year but make some performance upgrades and let the owner chose the color. Not all old school bee's were unicolor. BTW, I would chose yellow if it was set up this way anyway.
1) The original Super Bees were not upgraded in performance, in fact the Bees were low-buck Coronet R/T's from 1968 to 1970, and a low-buck Charger R/T in 1971. To the best of my knowledge, with the exception of the special 1969-1/2 440-6 drag package Bee, any engine available in a Bee was available in the Coronet/Charger R/Ts, including the Hemi.

2) If Chrysler makes the Bee available in any color they can't charge $1,900 for the package. With a unique paint scheme they can. No one will pay that for 3 decals, 3 emblems, a digital Bee and yellow stitching.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
That Blue SuperBee looks alright :yes:
I still like the yellow ones better!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would buy another one if it was a Lime Green Super Bee with lime stiching...

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'm not so sure I like the idea of white decals.

In my opinion, a Super Bee should be built like this:

Super Bee graphics, cloth seats, NO leather wrapped steering wheel, NO nav option, NO sunroof, NO convenience groups, and CHEAPER than the other SRT Chargers. It should only a little show and all GO!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, that's what the original Bees were. No fluff, great performance.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I think it should be a darker blue then it would be HOT!
I know, but someone in charge of the SRT color selection process is allergic to anything like a deep blue. Much to my chagrin.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm glad they are not going to produce anymore in yellow (this makes mine a better future value). I'm not keen on a blue Bee and wouldn't buy one. A bee is yellow/black.....................

1 - 20 of 22 Posts