Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all my fellow Charger owners. My name is Charlie and I hail from Cranford, NJ. I picked up my '07 Black Crystal Pearl R/T about a month ago and it is just screaming for black tinted windows. I was hoping to go with 20% visible light transmission tint all around. I live in NJ where tint on front door windows is illegal but I'm not too crazy about the look of the back door windows and rear windows tinted and the fronts left factory. Can some NJ members chime in with any window tint issues with law enforcement officials or advice on what shade to use? I know State inspection facilities will fail the car but I won't have to worry about that for four years and then I intend to have a private service station inspect the car. Also, has anyone tried to install the pre-cut 3M films found on Ebay? If so, is it worth the effort or should I just stick with having it professionally installed? If professional is the way to go, can someone please recommend an installer in central NJ and what type of film do I ask for? I apologize for all the questions but I only want to do this once. BTW, this car is one of the fastest cars I've ever owned! It's a blast to drive and the autostick makes even more fun. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
Congrats on the new car, and welcome to the forums, from Las Vegas! You should go post in the new members area. I am in vegas, so I cant answer any of your questions, sorry!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Have a professional do it! You get a warranty and if there is a problem you are not holding the bag. I would do 35 all the way around the car.

Drive mellow and get a radar detector...cops generally won't pull you over for just a tint ticket.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'd suggest 35% as well. Still dark but not too dark to draw attention to you. Of course there may be that one cop who doesn't like any tint and is having a bad day. If that happens nothing you can do, but usually just don't act like an ass and you'll be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts