Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new 07 charger with a Hemi, and it has the convenience group with the power seats and dual climate, etc.

Question 1. I have had problems with the bezels not lighting up, they are replacing them, but can they add the cluster with the trip computer, fuel economy, etc?

Question 2. How do I unlock doors, when the car is in park? I couldn't find it in the manual, anywhere.

·
Registered
928 Posts
dont know what you mean by bezels, unless you mean gauges, the gauges and evic are separate things. the EVIC would require a different computer I believe.

To unlock the doors, you can use your keys, use the key fob unlock button, pull up the lock pin, or push the unlock button above the window up/down buttons on your driver arm rest. match up the unlock/lock pics from your keys with the pics on the arm rest, they are small but they are there.

or do you mean automatically unlock when you put it in park? thats an EVIC setting, not sure there if is a key dance for it. also its not when its in park, its whenever its in park AND one of the front doors is opened.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had the same question and found my answer in the owner manual as well as on this forum. For some reason it took me a few tries to get it, but it works!! Here it is:

The real answer, from pages 17-19 of my Chargers Owners Manual:
FOR AUTO LOCK! (Locks doors when car hits 15mph)

Close all doors and place the key in the ignition.

Cycle the ignition lock switch between LOCK and ON and back to LOCK 4 times ending up in the LOCK position.

Depress the power door lock switch to lock the doors.

A single chime will indicate the completion of programming.

AUTO UNLOCK!(unlocks doors when in park & a door is opened)

Close all doors and place the key in the ignition.

Cycle the ignition lock switch between LOCK and ON and back to LOCK 4 times ending up in the LOCK position.

Depress the power door unlock switch to lock the doors.

A single chime will indicate the completion of programming.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I had the same question and found my answer in the owner manual as well as on this forum. For some reason it took me a few tries to get it, but it works!! Here it is:

thank you, I just did it, we'll see if it works tomorrow.

On a side note, if I add a custom GPS, could this monitor fuel economy and a trip calculator?

Also, would a new steering wheel with radio controls work if that package wasn't on the original model?

·
Registered
219 Posts
you bought a 30k-40k car, you deserve the manual and the best from your dealer, go back and start blaming and crying to the manager, they will find one for you

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
You can download the owners manual for free at dodge.com, it's under the owners
section. Kinda handy to have on your computer since I leave the original in the
glove box.

If the car is in park just pull the handle and open the door, even if it's locked.
Settings in the EVIC (also accessible without the EVIC) can make it so all doors
unlock when you do this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts