Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im stuck, i think im done with the cheap mods so whats next? Is there anything im forgetting? I already have a custom tune from diablo, exhaust upgrade, electronic cutouts (my favorite mod) and a k&n intake. I have a 2006 r/t and i dont know where to go from here besides getting into the real expensive stuff such as headers, blocks ect... Im trying to stay away from the really expensive time consuming stuff for a while. Im thinking body work for a bit, but i want to finish up with the (cheaper) mods first. ANY IDEAS OR RECOMMENDATIONS?

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
What kind of wheels and tires do you have? Tires are what keep your car on the road, so you can tailor them to your driving style and needs. ;)

You're certainly off to a good start! :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of wheels and tires do you have? Tires are what keep your car on the road, so you can tailor them to your driving style and needs. ;)

You're certainly off to a good start! :)
thanks, and i just have regular continentals i bought a few months ago. I was thinking about that, but i want 10 or 10 1/2's so ill need to get new wheels also

·
Vendor
10,338 Posts
Im stuck, i think im done with the cheap mods so whats next? Is there anything im forgetting? I already have a custom tune from diablo, exhaust upgrade, electronic cutouts (my favorite mod) and a k&n intake. I have a 2006 r/t and i dont know where to go from here besides getting into the real expensive stuff such as headers, blocks ect... Im trying to stay away from the really expensive time consuming stuff for a while. Im thinking body work for a bit, but i want to finish up with the (cheaper) mods first. ANY IDEAS OR RECOMMENDATIONS?
You can start using ACES IV in your gasoline for more power, torque, and fuel economy, protect your bores and fuel system.

Also get a QuantumBlue Custom Blended Lubricant for the engine. I have seen 5.7L engines pick up 7-12 hp with those two.

$62.96 for a quart of ACES IV.....good for 13 tanks of fuel.

$87.92 for the oil + 10.35 for the filter.

Great way to get more out of the mods you already have.;)

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would use Mobil 1—or other good synthetic oil like Royal Purple—Amsoil nanofiber high-flow air filter and good spark plugs. In regards to gasoline and oil additives, you really don't need those as long as you are using quality synthetic oil—and are filling up at a station which already uses additives.

I use all of this on my stang plus a Magnaflow O/R X pipe, SS catback and modified air silencer. When I get my '11 Charger, I will use just the mods in the first paragraph. Oh and don't forget to use the right tires for the application ;)

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I know from your subject line that you're looking for performance upgrades, but if you're looking for cheap mods, think of demolding your car, it's free. A comparatively cheap upgrade is also lowering springs. One thing to remember though is that even though an upgrade may look cheap, it may require purchasing other items to "make it work." For example, if you go with an Eagle intake, you'll need a spacer which can run about $200. You may also think about new fuel rails, injectors, map sensor, and I don't know if the pre-09 stock throttle bottle will fit on an 09+ Eagle. Just do your research before you buy, things add up quickly. But a general rule is that more power costs more money. Oh, I just remembered, maybe look at some rear gears, they're about $600 and you can keep your stock shafts. Maybe a torque converter? You can probably find one used for a few hundred dollars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts