Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2010 Charger pursuit 5.7
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my pads and rotors replaced on my 2010 charger pursuit. It seems under a load and wobbles terribly at times and other times it don’t. Doesn’t matter the speed. They’re all factory correct parts and sizes. It rode smooth and perfect before. It doesn’t pull left or right and also sounds like I have mud grip tires at times. It never did this before. It was perfect,just needed brakes so I replaced pads and rotors. I work for family and use my car so the company mechanic does all maintenance. He’s not the type that does bad work or cuts corners. He used the new pad brackets that came with the pads and everything fit tight and nice. Nothing out of the ordinary during installation. Sometimes it drives smooth then it starts shaking even without the brakes depressed. Sometimes when you hit the brakes it wobbles and sometimes it doesn’t! It’s almost like a bumping from the front. All tires still have the balancing weights nothing different other than the brake job.

· Registered
8,285 Posts
Have you verified that all the wheel lugs are tight? If they are, I'd pop the front wheels off and also verify that the caliper bolts and caliper bracket bolts are tight as well.

Then I'd bed the brakes in.

My bedding process follows....

1. Find a sleepy stretch of highway without any other cars around.
2. Accelerate to 60mph.
3. Lean into the brakes like a panic stop. But don't actually stop. When you get to 5-10mph, take your foot off the pedal and accelerate back up to speed.
4. Drive for 2 mins or so to let the rotors and pads cool off.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 half a dozen times or so.

At the end, you can usually smell the hot brakes. Drive around for 5-10 mins at the end to let everything cool off. Don't come to a full stop during this time.

Good luck.

· Registered
2010 Charger pursuit 5.7
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you verified that all the wheel lugs are tight? If they are, I'd pop the front wheels off and also verify that the caliper bolts and caliper bracket bolts are tight as well.

[/URL]

2. Accelerate to 60mph.
3. Lean into the brakes like a panic stop. But don't actually stop. When you get to 5-10mph, take your foot off the pedal and accelerate back up to speed.

At the end, you can usually smell the hot brakes. Drive around for 5-10 mins at the end to let everything cool off. Don't come to a full stop during this time.

Good luck.

2. Accelerate to 60mph.

Good luck.
I tried this and one front wheel is covered in dust and the other is clean. Still shaking

· Registered
823 Posts
Unless the brakes are dragging they should only cause problems like that while braking. Either way take it back to where the brakes were replaced and get them to look at it.

· Registered
233 Posts
My big worry would be lug nuts. Then I would reach under and check tie rods because unconnected steering could be just as bad.

If it is bad enough I would have it towed back to the mechanic, otherwise take it back to be looked at after checking to make sure the car is at least safe to drive.

I will agree with a previous post that a pad and rotor change should not cause this (other than a loose wheel), but I would keep my mind open to some other unrelated potentially dangerous failure.

· Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Dust on one, and not the other, makes me wonder if you have a caliper hanging up? Does it pull to the side with the dust when you apply them pretty hard?

Don

· Registered
2010 Charger pursuit 5.7
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The calipers seemed to work perfectly retract/move but the front two put intense pressure on the rotors.. After the wheels were off you could barely turn the front driver side and the passenger side was stiff. Maybe from defensive/offensive driving while in service. I’ve seen something like this when people run their brakes all the way down to metal and the caliper don’t retract properly but these seemed to move and open with ease. It was weird but another lesson learned about these pursuit models.

· Registered
156 Posts
The calipers seemed to work perfectly retract/move but the front two put intense pressure on the rotors.. After the wheels were off you could barely turn the front driver side and the passenger side was stiff. Maybe from defensive/offensive driving while in service. I’ve seen something like this when people run their brakes all the way down to metal and the caliper don’t retract properly but these seemed to move and open with ease. It was weird but another lesson learned about these pursuit models.
Sounds like you have a hose collapsing/pinched?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts