Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a 2006 SXT, and I absolutely love it.

I would however, like to tweak it some. I know I only have the 3.5 VG and all, but I would like to put some minor upgrades to enhance performance.

Unfortunately, I do not know much in that arena, so I'm not really familiar with what types of engine or performance modifications I can make, should make and should not make.

From my limited knowledge I can only think of the following:

Exhaust
Chip
Air Filtration
Suspension

I'm not looking to make it run 11's or anything, but wouldn't mind a lil extra hutzpah, and I'm particularly fond a nice sounding exhaust.

Can anyone recommend some good mods, and point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
596 Posts
A diablosport tuner is typically the first mod, or recognized to be the first mod to do on this site, so start there. After that maybe a CAI, then catback exhaust.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I just recently purchased a 2006 SXT, and I absolutely love it.

I would however, like to tweak it some. I know I only have the 3.5 VG and all, but I would like to put some minor upgrades to enhance performance.

Unfortunately, I do not know much in that arena, so I'm not really familiar with what types of engine or performance modifications I can make, should make and should not make.

From my limited knowledge I can only think of the following:

Exhaust-Youtube some videos
Chip-Diablo Predator
Air Filtration-Many options... Check out our vendor Maryland Speed or you can get a Ebay CAI
Suspension- Eibach, SRT etc... There are quite a few diff routes to go on this.

I'm not looking to make it run 11's or anything, but wouldn't mind a lil extra hutzpah, and I'm particularly fond a nice sounding exhaust.

Can anyone recommend some good mods, and point me in the right direction?
Good luck and Welcome from Tulsa, OK

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Welcome from So. Cal.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Welcome from Florida. Not to worry. We SRT folk may fly by you on the highway, but you'll fly by us as we stop at the gas station to fill up. A Charger is a Charger, and they're all great IMHOP. Enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Phoenix, AZ! :wave:

A diablosport tuner is typically the first mod, or recognized to be the first mod to do on this site, so start there. After that maybe a CAI, then catback exhaust.
Gotta agree with this. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts