Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to the forum, I just purchased a 2006 Charger R/T (pics coming soon) and I love it waaaaaaaaaay better than my old 1997 Ford Explorer!! lol

My question is this, I purchased the one with the 6disc Navigation and the backseat VES. I am interested in purchasing the Pioneer Avic-F900BT....BUT...I was wondering...will my VES cease to work? can I use it as an output screen? also what about the steering wheel controls and the sirius subscription?

Also, I wanted to ask, If i were to purchase the F700BT, since it does not support DVD playback, is there a way I could use the rear VES as the dvd player and have it output both on the rear screen and the Navigation deck?

and last but not least, will I have to take out and reinstall the GPS antenna? or are they generally universal and fit in most decks?

I know i am asking a lot in my first post but Ive been visiting the forum for while now and you guys seem pretty knowledgeable on this stuff...

so please welcome the Newb by helping him!! lol

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Perhaps someone with more knowledge can provide some input, but since I too have an 06 with the same features as you...I do think some items may cease to work. The steering wheel controls will need an adapter to work with the Pioneer. UConnect will not work (if equipped) RDS and SIRIUS will no longer work or will need an adapter to work on the Pioneer unit. Audio information will no longer display on the dash. I like the navigation unit....but I also dont like how difficult it is to use. I'd like to use a good MYGIG if I can afford the costs of making it work. Then it is basically OEM and should work with everything I already have.

Xian

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think your best bet is to ask the tech's from like circuit city or possibly best buy if they are in your area. Just go in and pretend like your going to buy it and ask those questions, if they carry that model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts