Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was reading the manual (yeah, I know big surprise) and I came upon a section discussing rear camera. Now I have seen on commercials for the Jeep having the rear camera that displayed on the deck, but is it the same NAV system in all our vehicles? I would think so as the manual is for all of them. So my question is this: anyone think it possible to add a rear camera from a Jeep to a charger and have it work on the NAV?

Smart people speak now.....

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Good question...Have a lot of kids in my area would really like to know also

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Wow

didnt any one tell you that we all have back up cam's on our factory nav units-were you asleep threw that thread?:lol: J/K-no its a different unit-the lx platforum unit has no in put and no you cant swap the one from the jeeps over because of the bcm and canbus are not set up for it

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
if you want back up can on your factory nav unit-navtv can rework it to have 1 or 2 rca's inputs for back up and aux in put for a 2nd dvd player

·
Registered
84 Posts
didnt any one tell you that we all have back up cam's on our factory nav units-were you asleep threw that thread?:lol: J/K-no its a different unit-the lx platforum unit has no in put and no you cant swap the one from the jeeps over because of the bcm and canbus are not set up for it
Oh there's a way to do it, you just have to have the right software. :) you do need a different Nav unit though.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only asked as it was mentioned in the NAV manual. I just kinda eluded to the possibility, but as I have only heard of this on Jeeps, I thought there might be a system issue. Still, makes me wonder as the manual doesn't specify Jeep only and the NAV unit is shown/described as the same.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, now I have some beer/reading material now. Looks interesting.

THANKS sLOWDOHC for the find, I didn't even think to search for it over there and just posted up the Q thinking that I was the first to have the idea. Guess I'm not that fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts