Charger Forums banner

New My First Dodge Charger

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  DhaRmic 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone :D

I'm very excited as I finally have the car I have always wanted I will post a link to the ad of the car I just got below.

http://elgin.fivestardealers.ca/cer...-Charger-bec944f80a0a00652e39e1fa7181b5ea.htm

So newbee question what should I do first I have been looking at a Flowmaster 40 series muffler can anyone give me some ideas as what to do I want this car has to last I know its a 2006 but its in great shape :)

Thanks for looking I get the car Tuesday :rocker:

#2 ·
Welcome to the world of the Charger, Flowmaster 40s are a great first start. The sky is the limit for modding, what is your price range and what is your over all goal? Power? Looks? Sound?

If you let us know, then we can direct you.

Again welcome to the group. :)

#4 ·
Thanks for the welcome and reply :beerchug:

I guess all 3 Power looks and sound.

Like everyone I want the best bang for my buck I have money but i'm not rich LOL I was thinking of starting with a flowmaster system front to back ?

#5 ·
Thanks S/F from Ontario Canada :beer_yum:

#8 ·
Congrats on the forthcoming purchase... You'll live the drive home that night.

#9 ·
Welcome! Find an exhaust second hand. I got my Flowmaster Force II for $300 brand new off of craigslist, retails for $800. Tuner like a Diablo Predater and a CAI would be my next suggestion.

#10 ·
Welcome aboard! I liked the Cherrybomb Vortex system when I was looking, but went custom instead.
Like everyone says, next after that is a Diablo Sport Predator (If you're getting a 2006, you'll want the tuner "7135" I believe). And a CAI after that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#12 ·
What CAI should I go with ??

#11 ·
Wow thanks guys :) I'm making a list now :beerchug:

#15 ·
Welcome and Congrats on the new ride!!

As for mods, the sky is the limit. There is a lot of performance and visual mods you can do!

My first was a simple limo black window tint.

In the end it's your car so do whatever makes you happy to it and don't let some pretentious people who think they know everything tell you what you can and can't do :)

Just be prepared because once you get the mod bug it's hard to stop!

#16 ·
Thanks guys :)

#17 · (Edited)
These guys are offering good info, but i have further penny pinching mods you may want! Ready that pen, here we go!
First and foremost, Diablosport tuner! Contact our vendor MarylandSpeed for the best prices I've seen on either the Intune or Trinity. Low cost Intune, Trinity has all the bells and whistles however is a bit pricier. MS will give u the best deal and this is where I purchased my Trinity from.
Second: Seems you want some exhaust modifications over a CAI, that is fine! The stock exhaust is as good as you will need unless you start adding forced induction(superchargers and turbos etc). My recommendation; chop off the mid mufflers, if possible chop off the cats unless you are in an emission controlled area, but do not take the resonators(big things right behind the tips) off. That should be about 100 bux at the most? Maybe up to 200 depending on shop prices n such. Do some investigating around the site on exhausts, soooo many options that make soooo many different sound notes.
Third comes CAI, i place this third because you can find a 25 dollar Spectre drop in filter that will do u nicely(it has been debated that the enclosed stock intake is best, especially the road n track one or SRT intake with some modification to the tube and a drop in filter), or you can look into expensive CAIs that without some form of modification to the car, wil do minimal to power. I recommend looking into Spectre's true cold air intake, cheap, badass, and will hang with the big boys for half their price! LMI true cai is the expensive contender to this. You can also homebrew and make your own true cai for about the Spectre price.
good luck on your modding, please, share! We love the many results and combinations you can make!
welcome and happy modding!

#18 ·
Congrats on getting the Charger!

At some point, they will pull that ad and your link will no longer be visible!

I did a screen shot for future generations to enjoy! lol

Attachments

#19 ·
LOL thanks for the ad shot I'm finding out that the car has a lot more then listed :) I didn't know it had a car starter very nice up here in cold old Canada :):beerchug:

#20 ·
Billet Technology Signature Series Catch Can 5.7 and Mopar Cold Air Intake on order :)

#21 ·
If I see the wheels correctly, you may have the RT with Road & Track package, so you're already a bit ahead on factory stuff.

Congrats on the ride. :bigthumb:

#22 · (Edited)
Whats the "Road & Track" package ?:driving:

Update did some looking on the forum here yup I have a 2006 Charger R/T with Road & Track SWEET :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.