Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Mods, Another Show, Another Mustang...Arrgghh!!! PICS

Well as mentioned a few days ago, I had the car in another show this weekend. I spent two days preping for it and she was lookin good. I had some newly completed mods (new suspension, painted/tinted tails, and new B.T. goodies) to debut so I was looking forward to it.

The car got tons and tons of compliments, I saw countless people getting their picture taken in front of the car or taking pictures of the car, and I got lots of questions.

All in all it was a good time. Until...it came to trophy time. There is this damn Mustang that is in all the shows all the time and we always seem to be in the same class. Well he won again! This time I have pictures since people asked to see the car that won from the last show. but they will be AFTER my pictures because in my mind I won. LOL

...*side note: Courtney Hansen in front of a beautiful red Cuda is a wonderful thing!!!

Sorry, I was distracted...Here's some pictures from the show...

and here we have the Stang that is a Royal PIMA...

And here is one more I grabbed on the way home after the show.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Your car looks sweet bro... I may be bias but IMO your car takes that stang by a long shot

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
i showed my Ram for a couple of years with alot of 1st place trophies.
it isnt always the mods that win, its how tasteful the mods are and how clean the vehicle ususally is. ive also judged a few shows as well.
i am generally a Chevy/Pontiac fan as far as old cars go, the last show i judged there were a ton of cool camaros and chevelles there, but i gave the most points to a late 60's Cougar because it was clean, simple, and tasteful.

im not saying that your car is tacky by any means, its damn sharp looking, but that is generally how judging goes.

BUT THEN if you are unfortunate enough to be in a show with participant voting, its friends voting for friends, so the better car doesnt always get the win.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Brother you were robbed! I will be praying for the judges and that their eye site will be restored! The stang is just too plain compared to your Charger, you've got a very clean, stylish and classy looking ride, no overkill there!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Seriously, my GoManGo stock would have given you a run for your money - but not that Stang :smoke:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I think that stang is toooo plain, Have you thought about suicide doors?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your car looks sweet bro... I may be bias but IMO your car takes that stang by a long shot
Thanks...I'm a little bias myself too.

i showed my Ram for a couple of years with alot of 1st place trophies.
it isnt always the mods that win, its how tasteful the mods are and how clean the vehicle ususally is. ive also judged a few shows as well.
i am generally a Chevy/Pontiac fan as far as old cars go, the last show i judged there were a ton of cool camaros and chevelles there, but i gave the most points to a late 60's Cougar because it was clean, simple, and tasteful.

im not saying that your car is tacky by any means, its damn sharp looking, but that is generally how judging goes.

BUT THEN if you are unfortunate enough to be in a show with participant voting, its friends voting for friends, so the better car doesnt always get the win.
You know when I first started brainstorming about how I wanted to transform my car, my main focus was to not be tacky, over done, gaudy, etc. Maybe I'm just at the point where there isn't enough done to the car yet. This one was judged by judges the show cooridinators brough in, so the good 'ol boy system wasn't as prevelent (i think).

Brother you were robbed! I will be praying for the judges and that their eye site will be restored! The stang is just too plain compared to your Charger, you've got a very clean, stylish and classy looking ride, no overkill there!
LOL...Thanks!

Man, your car makes that Mustang look like the POS it is, you got screwed!
Thank you, and I agree, but again I'm biased.

Seriously, my GoManGo stock would have given you a run for your money - but not that Stang :smoke:
Ummm...Ok. Arfur...you're right, I'm trading my car in for a GoManGo and starting over. LOL

I think that stang is toooo plain, Have you thought about suicide doors?
Thought about it, but not sure if I wan't to shell that amount of money out for them. That's a pretty major mod and I wouldn't know where to start when it comes down to who I would trust to do it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Wow love your new mods... Very very clean, glassy me likey...That drop really completes the picture... Rear tails continuing the body line around, but are the Teins at the lowest seting? That front looks awfully close to front tire... Amazing looks, but that must rub...

Exterior prize goes to you, but lets be honest, a supercharged and chromed engine bay always gets the crowd going. its human nature... Im sure ur engine bay was clean, but that stang has got some serious work and detailing, not to fond of the Roush body kit and steeda or cobra wheels and the lambo doors, they dont flow well, neither do the extra 4.6 badges, but when it comes to the engine bay, it is only fair to say it looks amazing...

Hey I stick up for my charger guys, but we have to play fair... Heck you have a car to die for... Keep up to good work bro, and good luck in the next show...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Exterior you KILL that stang

You got alot of work under the hood? If not, thats probably why that stang keeps winning
Agreed.
That Mustang is plain ugly to me. My brother's old '03 Cobra stock looked a lot better than that car.
Do you have any thing done under the hood and/or did you even open the hood? (I ask because none of the pics had the hood open)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exterior you KILL that stang

You got alot of work under the hood? If not, thats probably why that stang keeps winning
Agreed.
That Mustang is plain ugly to me. My brother's old '03 Cobra stock looked a lot better than that car.
Do you have any thing done under the hood and/or did you even open the hood? (I ask because none of the pics had the hood open)
There is a little bit done under the hood. I didn't have all my B.T. stuff installed because the JackA$$es at FedEx lost my first shipment (was supposed to have it 22 Aug). Hopefully it'll show up before this coming weekends show. I've got custom engine covers installed, a B.T. catch, and some steel braiding, but the engine was immaculately clean nevertheless.

If you look at the seventh picuture the hood and doors were open. This is how the car was on display all day. I only shut the doors and hoods for pictures.

·
Registered
230 Posts
That delorean door mod thing is way played out IMO. Probably the reason he won. You car is tight. To me it looks like you took each wheel off and even cleaned the tread. Try finding a MOPAR car show!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
the car looks great as usual and nice to see its lowered now. you have finally answered my question on how those projector head lights look now off to ebay and time to order them myself that mustang looked great under the hood but every where else you had him

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Car looks amazing, you're in maryland now?! You plan on coming out on the 15th?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Car looks amazing, you're in maryland now?! You plan on coming out on the 15th?
No, not in Maryland. I was there Oct 06 to Feb 07. Had the car delivered from the factory there while I was at Fort Meade. It's registered in MD but I'm in California which is where I'm stationed and where I grew up. I saved a lot of money in Reg fees and taxes by doing the Maryland thing. So I guess that means I probably won't make it on the 15th. Sorry

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Calicat -
Had to be rigged......your ride KKIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLZZZ that stang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A supercharger shouldn't make or break anything. Even with a stock engine bay, you should have won. That fugly stang with extra badges gets no respect from me, supercharger or not!
Chase

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Wait wait wait...

I went through the pics first, you got beat by a Mustang with Lambo doors? *sigh*

About the only thing I can think of is the engine mods. I bet if you tossed a polished blower on your car you'd walk him with ease (track and show) ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts