Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please do not flame me because I own a 2006 Pontiac GTO. It is a 6 speed manual with the only mod being a K&N CAI. I joined the Charger site because I do like this car as well as I considered buying at R/T before I bought the GTO. I just enjoy muscle cars and the stories each Owner has to tell. I have not raced a Charger yet but there are several SRT-8s where I live and they look and sound mean. I do have one question. Does anyone know how many Chargers were produced in 2006? Thanks in advance.:grin:

·
Registered
13,222 Posts

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Please do not flame me because I own a 2006 Pontiac GTO. It is a 6 speed manual with the only mod being a K&N CAI. I joined the Charger site because I do like this car as well as I considered buying at R/T before I bought the GTO. I just enjoy muscle cars and the stories each Owner has to tell. I have not raced a Charger yet but there are several SRT-8s where I live and they look and sound mean. I do have one question. Does anyone know how many Chargers were produced in 2006? Thanks in advance.:grin:
Welcome to the CF Goat....I considered a GTO myself back before I bought the SRT8...If they had retroed it like a 69ish goat I probably would be driving it today...your car will bash an RT but with the SRT8 it's up to you and the SRT8 driver...fairly even match..do not know how many Chargers were produced..

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome to the forum! All cool folks are welcome here.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Welcome to the CF Goat....I considered a GTO myself back before I bought the SRT8...If they had retroed it like a 69ish goat I probably would be driving it today...your car will bash an RT but with the SRT8 it's up to you and the SRT8 driver...fairly even match..do not know how many Chargers were produced..
That depends on which GTO it is, if its the 5.7 the GTO and an RT will almost be equal but an RT and a 6.0 definitely no dice!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Welcome.

BTW SJB621 2006 GTO's were 6.0s

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I joined a GTO forum to get some input on buying a GTO, before stumbling in on this forum and finally buying a Daytona R/T. I was looking at trading in my Z06 Corvette on a GTO, but I needed a vehicle that I could get kids into the back seat (no back seat in the Vette). After reading numerous posts about the back seat of the GTO being great once in it, but taking forever to get back there, due to the power seats, I decided to check out a 4 door car (the Daytona is the first 4 door I have ever owned). I am very happy with my choice. At first it did pain me to jump to Dodge from GM, but I have gotten over that. :) Really, you can't go wrong with either, in my opinion.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't have a GTO - I need a four door - but from what I have seen its a great car. I traded off the idea of getting a manual transmission (GTO) because I needed the four doors (Charger). Lack of a manual transmission -- that's my only real regret about the Charger so far.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome from the Motor City!.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
LS2 GTOs have very cool drivetrains. I considered purchasing one a couple of years ago, but I have three kids. :) I still think the LS2/3/7 are some of the best production engines of all time.

One great thing about your car is that you can safely and cheaply modify it with relative ease. Not so w/the modern MOPARS. We all hope this will change. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ah! Gutentag!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.