Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently drive a 2016 Kia Optima SXL..
Previously...
almost purchased a used Pontiac G8 GT but ultimately got a used Jetta (lived with parents)...
almost purchased a used Volvo S60R but ultimately got a used Acura TL (lived with parents)...
Moved out and needed a daily driver (20,000+ miles per year) with all bells and whistles and decided on a New Kia Optima (current car). Great car for its purpose.

I always told myself that after the Kia my next car would be AWD or Muscle car with V8. I have owned the Kia for 6 years now but since Covid my business has completely changed in terms of commute resulting in only driving 10,000 miles per year. My wife purchased a 2021 Mazda CX-5 AWD so we are covered for snow in the northeast and just recently upgraded to a locked garage. Added to this the news that Hellcats are being discontinued and Stellantis is pushing for Charger/Challenger in 2024 I realized that my time is running out. Also helpful is the inflated used car market which will allow me to sell my Kia higher than expected and use as down payment on new dodge plus a little extra to keep my payments "lower" but still at an affordable rate for my finances.

The most driving factor for my decision was due to networking as over the years I have met people in all industries that provide products and services. When I am in need I always float it out there to them without ever asking for a good deal. My logic is if I am going to spend money I might as well get it to someone I know. And if you don't ask for a deal most of the time you will be offered one. If it's a random person you don't know then of course haggle all day.

So, after a lot of research I determined that the 2022 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody includes everything I would ever want in a car MINUS the full power of a Hellcat... AND my 360 degree camera in my Kia Optima which I will miss every day.

I optioned the Scat Pack Widebody to be basically fully loaded (no sunroof) which makes it a Hellcat without the supercharger power, $25,000 less and most importantly is a more realistic daily driver that doesn't break the bank. The guy I know referred me to another guy who said to me that he was told to take care of me and offered a deal a few thousand UNDER MSRP. Other dealers i visited in NJ area said that new car pricing started at $5-8k OVER MSRP due to "Market Adjustment". If that was the case i would have never ordered a new Charger. So at some point this year I will finally be a member of the Mopar Family. Placed order for car last week so I'm expecting Memorial Day.

Reactions: Karl_1052

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. Are there any NJ members here?

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Keep this in mind:

I'm a former/reformed NJ resident. Keep that car under lock and key when you're not driving it and welcome to the forums.

I would imagine the insurance for the car is going to be crazy in NJ.

Best,

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep this in mind:

I'm a former/reformed NJ resident. Keep that car under lock and key when you're not driving it and welcome to the forums.

Best,
It's actually not bad. Long time USAA member so with multi-products and excellent history there are crazy discounts. My insurance would be like $5000 per year for the 2022 charger widebody and my wife's 2021 mazda cx5 but with discounts it will be only $2500 per year.

Yes. I have a locked garage. Thanks for advice. I'm also in Central/northern NJ which is betteR than closer to NYC.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
New Jersey🤮

Welcome from PA!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha. F the eagles :p

·
Registered
4,120 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Hellion Twin turbo 392
1,334 Posts
Keep this in mind:

Best,
Is that why they gave me free lo-jack with my car?

• Haha
Reactions: RitzRT

·
Premium Member
2021 Hellion Twin turbo 392
1,334 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
It's actually not bad. Long time USAA member so with multi-products and excellent history there are crazy discounts. My insurance would be like $5000 per year for the 2022 charger widebody and my wife's 2021 mazda cx5 but with discounts it will be only $2500 per year.

Yes. I have a locked garage. Thanks for advice. I'm also in Central/northern NJ which is betteR than closer to NYC.
For comparison, my wife and I have about $150k worth of cars in northern VA (near DC) with USAA and I pay about $1600/year all in.

Cheers!

Reactions: HemiLonestar

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Better than nasty pork roll.

• Haha
Reactions: HemiLonestar

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Nice. I'm morris County as well

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Oh, so you were around in 1906 which is the last time it could legally be called "ham"? Bet you got some stories.....especially seeing as you guys can't read either :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 302692
What am I looking at here?

Is this like Spam, or more like the scrapple we have here in PA?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh, so you were around in 1906 which is the last time it could legally be called "ham"? Bet you got some stories.....especially seeing as you guys can't read either :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 302692
Ha no. My sister when to Oklahoma State University so she learned a whole new lifestyle. Have you ever had a Bagel?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts