Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just goggled my way into the board while looking for some info on the Charger. The Charger might be my first non-GM new vehicle ever. My current cars are a 2005 GTO and 2003 GMC Envoy. My wife is looking for a new 4 door car and I don't want to get another go slow, grocery getting SUV. GM's current 4 door selection leaves a lot to be desired so I stopped by a Dodge dealer. She really liked the looks of a Charger and I really like the possiblity of having another beast. I'm looking forward to learning about the car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi kvUSAF,

I too have owned nothing but GM vehicles my entire life. I can list them all but it would take up a page. GM is behind a few years. They have been talking about switching their lines back to RWD for years now and it is happening but very slowly. When it came time for a new vehicle this year DMC really had me hooked. Having been in the automotive repair industry my entire life as well I would never buy a Ford (no offense to any ford owners out there.. I love it when you bring your Fords in to my shops :wink: ) Dodge & Chrysler really have benefited from the Mercedes merger more so then mercedes has. I had my reservations about buying a Dodge since I have always been brand loyal to GM but after road testing a Charger I feel they made one hell of a car. Do yourself a favor and spend some time in one.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
welcome to the forums the both of you.

KV look around and read the threads I think you will find a lot of brand loyal traders like myself...LOL

I am more happy with my Charger R/T than I have ever been with any other new vehicle I ever bought. That includes my '96 Z28 and a '03 Mustang GT.
I do not think I will ever be a brand trader again.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Welcome guys!!!!! Me too, GM loyal for years. But they don't seen to grasp the theory that the only thing permanent is change. The pinheads killed the F bodies, that was good for Ford. Hell they even killed the Caprice. Also good for Ford, and for a while there the law enforcement agencies had no choice but to go elsewhere until the wimpala was released. Chyrsler and Dodge have definately benefited from the merger, and so has the consumer. Regards to ALL!!! Mike :biggrin:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for welcoming me everyone.

While Dodge and Chrysler benefit I have to say Mercedes has not. For the money they charge the quality has gone down hill. We have 2 2004 Mercedes E320's at work and they are garbage.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
lordkevork said:
Thanks for welcoming me everyone.

While Dodge and Chrysler benefit I have to say Mercedes has not. For the money they charge the quality has gone down hill. We have 2 2004 Mercedes E320's at work and they are garbage.
There was an article in the Jax Times Union today on just that topic. Mercedes is changing execs in charge of quality to tackle that very problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New guy here too. I also found the forum when Googling the production numbers for the Daytona.
I have been a Mopar guy since the age of 12 or so when I spent most of my time building models of my favorite Mopars (which are all $50000 and up now).
My current rides are:
2003 Bright Silver Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi, Reg Cab Short Bed (mild mods)
2000 SY Dakota R/T (1300 miles, still has all the dhipping plastic on the interior; 1 of who knows... Solar Yellow was dropped for 2000 but a few squeaked out)
1998 Red Dakota R/T Reg Cab(2200 miles, 1 of 93)
1966 Coronet 500 (Silver)

Former:
1986 Red Lazer
1989 Blue Daytona
1999 Blk Dakota R/T Club Cab (bought back through towing arbitration)
2000 White Dakota R/T Club Cab (bought back for serious steering failures)
2000 Blk Dakota R/T Reg Cab, ATI Pro-Charged, Hotchkis, Death on wheels! Sold to preserve my own life. Low 12 second truck with traction problems!
2002 Silver BMW 325 CI (sold to buy an M3, until I saw the new Charger!)

Future Purchase:

2006 Dodge Charger Daytona in GoMango!
-or-
2006 Chager R/T with Road and Track in Silver (will add the spoilers and flat black grill and Charger stripes (to keep the current silver Mopar family silver).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts