Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just purchased my 07 Charger SE with the 3.5 and autostick about two weeks ago. The car has about 400 miles on it and it ran great, smooth and quiet. However since the other day the engine seems to be running rougher with vibrations going into the steering wheel. However this is only when in park or stopped at a red light. Also there is a whining sound from just in front of the rear wheels, my guess is its the fuel pump, but it is constant which I don’t remember a few weeks ago. Also something seems to be clicking on in the engine, it sounds like when the fan kicks on but it happens every couple of seconds, and when it does the interior lights dim for that second, they don’t dim every time though

I realize this is a long post, however I’m confused as to what might have happed to my baby, especially since it is brand new. Is this normal, to put it bluntly sound like crap when in park or at a light?

P.S. I have been driving it like a grandma for the whole time, except a few 3/4 throttle runs in 2nd and 3rd gear. But that is what was instructed in the owner’s manual. I will go to the dealer if it persists but just wanted to pick you fellow charger owners brains for a bit.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hello I just purchased my 07 Charger SE with the 3.5 and autostick about two weeks ago. The car has about 400 miles on it and it ran great, smooth and quiet. However since the other day the engine seems to be running rougher with vibrations going into the steering wheel. However this is only when in park or stopped at a red light. Also there is a whining sound from just in front of the rear wheels, my guess is its the fuel pump, but it is constant which I don’t remember a few weeks ago. Also something seems to be clicking on in the engine, it sounds like when the fan kicks on but it happens every couple of seconds, and when it does the interior lights dim for that second, they don’t dim every time though

I realize this is a long post, however I’m confused as to what might have happed to my baby, especially since it is brand new. Is this normal, to put it bluntly sound like crap when in park or at a light?

P.S. I have been driving it like a grandma for the whole time, except a few 3/4 throttle runs in 2nd and 3rd gear. But that is what was instructed in the owner’s manual. I will go to the dealer if it persists but just wanted to pick you fellow charger owners brains for a bit.
Hmmm, I know a good number of us (V6 and V8) sometimes experience this sort of "engine rumble" every once in awhile when stopped which has been deemed "normal". Not sure about some of the other things you mentioned, especially at this low mileage. Best bet is to get it to the dealer the sooner you can while it's still primarily their responsibility...oh, and welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello and welcome. You should run back to the dealer with all these issues. I don't have any advise on 3.5 but it sounds let there is something amiss.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Your safest bet is to go right back to the dealer as soon as you can.

Welcome to the forums.
X2 to the dealer before HAL shuts you down completely.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Hmmm, I know a good number of us (V6 and V8) sometimes experience this sort of "engine rumble" every once in awhile when stopped which has been deemed "normal". Not sure about some of the other things you mentioned, especially at this low mileage. Best bet is to get it to the dealer the sooner you can while it's still primarily their responsibility...oh, and welcome to the forums!
nah the "shakes" these chargers have is different from the vibration he is feeling in the steering wheel. I actually kind of like the gentle shakes the charger gives. Feels like one of those drag cars at idle. But the vibrating is probably from the fan going it's fastest speed. How many speeds does our fan have, 2 or 3? I noticed that on summer, when I use my AC for a while I hear the fan kick in and I too feel a slight vibration to the steering wheel.

the light dimming thing is another story, never had that happen. take her back to the dealer.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

·
Registered
73 Posts
One thing to consider is if the car fell into the recall that they had on the 3.5 and if it did then i would make sure the dealer took care of the engine issue...cant remember what the problem was but i know most are having to completly replace the engines...so might want to check on that just my oppinion.

·
Registered
230 Posts
as others have said. GET TO THE DEALER ASAP!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I would also advise you to take it back to the dealer.

to the forums from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
338 Posts
:wave: Welcome to the board... For the 45 time. Talk to the dealer... That doesnt sound to be "normal"

·
Registered
141 Posts
.... Also something seems to be clicking on in the engine, it sounds like when the fan kicks on but it happens every couple of seconds, and when it does the interior lights dim for that second, they don’t dim every time though....
Turn off your A/C, or your defrost, and you will no longer experience the click and light dimming every couple of seconds. Depending on the kind of vehicle you are upgrading from, you will find the A/C compressor sucks a lot of power out of the car. I notice it click in and out every time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts