Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just joined the site and was wondering if anyone has put the new K&N cold air intake on there charger yet K&N has a dino read out of before and after and it took a magnum R/T from 290 at the wheels to 310. They are saying it will work on any of the new 5.7's and the 6.1's 20 more at the wheels sounds great and at only 259$ or something around there seems to good to be true is it?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
BlackR/T said:
seems to good to be true is it?
yes it is too good to be true...

in the right coniditions, you might see those gains... but dont count on it...

go check out the CAI face-off on LX Forums.... dyno tested alot of CAI kits, and results show not to bother....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the intake, but not the car yet! lol It's hard to say what, if any performance gains the intake will add. The computer in the car needs a couple of hundred miles with the new intake to make any adjustments to yield any gains. Also, the intake coupled with a hi-flow exhaust may show a bigger improvement. Either way, the sound is worth the $230 imo. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well I would say its worth it to just get rid of the stock air box..
As for gains well you will never really know, since any gains would be within the margin of error on just about every dyno.

Plus remember as you add mods your engine is going to need to breath more so any restrictions you remove will help increase HP for those mods.. so things help each other.

Like above said, its best to do CAI and exhaust together..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts