Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished the install of my tranzformer and I love it! Took it on the highway to open it up a bit to feel the shift firmness and it was phenomenal! The autostick shifting is instant, and the burnout mode and launch mode are pretty neat, just a question if anyone has it installed as well or would know by chance. When I do the launch mode by pulling the high beam stalk. The lights come on and the car holds in place without the brake. But as soon as I hit the gas a bit the car will start to roll and I'll need to hit the brake to
Hold it in place. Does anyone else come across this problem? What could be the reason for this or do
I just need to hold the brake with it as well

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
595 Posts
i always just ease into the pedal untill i feel the suspension load. when im ready to launch, i just smash the pedal and release the stalk. you just gotta find that sweet spot. if you just mash the pedal off the bat it will spin the tires and start to roll.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Are you just pulling the high beam stalk? And then hitting the gas? LOL, you have to have some brakes, man. In order to use Launch Mode you have to pull the high beam stalk then push the brake pedal all the way to floor. Then you can let off the brake pedal and all four brakes will stay engaged until you release the high beam stalk. So you can depress the gas pedal to get the engine to the rpm you want to launch at.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you just pulling the high beam stalk? And then hitting the gas? LOL, you have to have some brakes, man. In order to use Launch Mode you have to pull the high beam stalk then push the brake pedal all the way to floor. Then you can let off the brake pedal and all four brakes will stay engaged until you release the high beam stalk. So you can depress the gas pedal to get the engine to the rpm you want to launch at.

Yes. It didn't say anywhere on the site to "pull stalk & press brake, then gas" just says pull stalk and it will activate the valves and will give you the perfect launch. I'll try that way. Also with the burnout mode, it makes the noise that the abs is going off, do I need to apply the brake there too before giving it gas, them rev til the tires spin til they break loose? Or is it just there to hold a little resistance just to be able to break loose while rolling. I've seen two people who made videos off it any there's never one of them sitting in place like you would if two footing it and holding the brake and hitting the gas til they brake loose to warm them up.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Yes, same thing, you have to press the brake pedal. The tranzformer isn't going to depress the brakes at all. It's only going to hold the brakes. It will either tell the computer to hold the front two brakes from releasing for line lock mode and burnout mode, or tell the computer to hold all four for launch mode. You will always have to hit the brakes yourself, and the harder you press the better they stick.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I agree the instructions are vague on that part.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I was a little curious since both of you mentioned the instructions being vague. I wasn't sure if I had seen a better set of instructions or what. But this is from the only .pdf available on the website. It's the same one I downloaded a couple of years ago when I installed mine.

"Launch Mode*: The TranZformer will use the ABS solenoids to lock all 4 wheels for launch/track purposes. To use this feature, you must stop the car, place transmission in AutoStick 1st, then pull the High Beam stalk towards you. Firmly apply the brakes to build up holding pressure. While holding the stalk, release the brake pedal. Releasing the High Beam stalk will release the brakes."

Maybe you guys were looking at a different manual? I know that there are a ton of features available when you install this thing. It took me a couple of weeks to get the important ones memorized.

·
Registered
924 Posts
In my situation I have to pump the brakes to get them to hold. If I just hold the brake pedal down once and let it go the brakes don't hold mine back.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I just went and tested that out, line lock holding the brake down first before hitting the gas worked perfect, but with the burnout mode, I'd pull the stalk, press the brake all the way down then apply the gas it's hold for about a second then it'd release and start to roll am I doing anything wrong there or is that what's supposed to happen

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Yeah, man, that's exactly how Burnout Mode works. The brakes are held until the unit senses the rear wheels spinning. Then you can slowly roll out and do a nice long burnout. If you want to just sit there and roast the rear tires you should be using the line lock. It will hold long enough to let you catch your tires on fire.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts