Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to several irreuglarities recently here at the shop, all orders shipping outside of the United States and Puerto Rico will ship via Fed-Ex International or UPS International. Your Bill to and ship to must match. If you have any questions please call us at 561-582-6171 or 866-747-1684.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Due to several irreuglarities recently here at the shop, all orders shipping outside of the United States and Puerto Rico will ship via Fed-Ex International or UPS International. Your Bill to and ship to must match. If you have any questions please call us at 561-582-6171 or 866-747-1684.
Guess I can't buy anymore then from you :( UPS and FEDEX charge crazy brokerage and customs charge to us Canadians. for anything over 20 bucks it's crazy. For example a 40 dollar item you you pay 19.25 in brokerage fees plus tax plus a COD fee because they have to get money from the recievers end. Not worth it. I refuse to allow anyone to ship to me via UPS or FED-EX anymore. Just not econmical for me to buy from the US.

I know you guys have to do what you have too do but be prepared to loose a little business because of it.

Here is a table from the UPS site with the brokerage charges we in Canada get charged with

First set of numbers is the value range of product and the dollar amount to the right of that is what we get charged.

Value for Duty
CAD
UPS Standard Service and All Other Couriers/Transportation Companies*

$0.00 to $20.00 $ -
$20.01 to $40.00 $7.00
$40.01 to $100.00 $19.45
$100.01 to $200.00 $29.00
$200.01 to $350.00 $41.50
$350.01 to $500.00 $46.60
$500.01 to $750.00 $53.00
$750.01 to $1,000.00 $59.30
$1,000.01 to $1,250.00 $65.65
$1,250.01 to $1,600.00 $69.80
$1,600.01 to $5,000.00 $73.60
Each additional $1,000 $5.70

Bond Fees
Customers are responsible for payment of duties and taxes. When funds are not provided in advance by the customer, and UPS must post a bond to allow UPS shipments to be released in advance of payment to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), a fee of 2.7 percent (minimum $5.85) of the amount advanced by UPS will be charged. To avoid bond fees, call 1-800-PICK-UPS and ask about our Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) plans.

Additional Services
Service Charge
Duty and Tax Amendment
$50.00
Import Permits (each)
$23.00 each
Other Government Departments (O.G.D.) Processing Fee**
$16.00 each
Outport Entry Fee (for non-UPS carried shipments only)
$10.00 each
Low-Value Shipment Amendment
$10.00
Each additional classification line after first 5 lines*
$4.50/line
Collect On Delivery (C.O.D.) Fee for collecting import charges on delivery to avoid C.O.D. Fees and expedite the customs clearance of your shipments, call 1-800-PICK-UPS and ask about setting up a UPS Customs Brokerage/Importer Account.
$4.25
Invoice Integrity Fee***
$4.00

Other services are available. Additional charges may apply. Call 1-800-PICK-UPS for details.
Note: Additional charges may apply for shipments requiring Governmental Department clearance.
* The first five classification lines are included in this fee; line charges only apply from the sixth line.
** This fee applies to all Agriculture shipments including, but not limited to, those subject to Canadian Food Inspection Agency import requirements.
*** This fee may apply when the included documents are missing critical information and a telephone call is required to obtain the correct information. Examples of missing information include poor descriptions, no country of origin, missing quantities, etc.
Free+ - When UPS Customs Brokerage handles your imports, there is no Entry Preparation Fee for routine customs clearance of UPS Worldwide Express Plus, UPS Worldwide Express, UPS Worldwide Express Saver, and UPS Worldwide Expedited shipments, including up to five classification lines. Charges may apply for more complex customs clearance procedures.
Rates, charges, and services are subject to change without notice.

Sorry for the long post

here is the link for the chart. I had to change a few things so that the chart would fit in this post.

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

Also I'd like to point out that I have purchased several items from BT and happy with the products and that this is no way a BT bashing thread.

Thanks

Don

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand your concern and understand the costs involved.Im open to suggestions on how to protect my company from any further fraud type transactions.Without tracking info I dont have a knife to fight with :(

The other thing I am working on is a distributor in Canada that can distribute to you folks
once it gets through the border.In other words you would need to buy from him and then i would ship to this person and he could ship out to my Candian customers.

I really wish USPS would just offer tracking info and all would be good in BT land once again :)

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Can you not offer an upgraded shipping with USPS? I know some of there services offer tracking. I know when I sell anything to anyone on here or ebay or anywhere else I always use a method that has tracking. In Canada the minimun is expedited parcel which is a little slower but has tracking.

I cartainly hear you when you say fraud and no tracking and that you need to protect yourself. I agree %100 with that. Too many crooks want something for nothing these days.

There are times when I get items shipped to me through USPS that I pay nothing for duty or taxes, like for example the Catch Can I bought from you a month ago. It slipped through customs and no charges were added, but if I had to pay for customs i would have paid $5.00for the customs clearance and then the GST which I am very ok with. Just UPS and FED-EX charge what I feel are very unreasonable charges to clear items through customs.

I think I paid about 13.50 for shipping my catch can from you. I'd gladly pay a little more if it had tracking as well :)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See heres the thing.I do get tracking info,but they never work.With the amount of packages I have going out I even had the local post master in my office listening to me on how i get my a$$ beat daily by my international customers because the tracking info receive doesnt work.Then i get question,Are you sure it went out?And I dont mind questions thats what Im here for.But the same question 5 times a day gets a little old.

Rant over :)

Anyways we are working on a solution that shouldnt cost anyone anymore money :)

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
See heres the thing.I do get tracking info,but they never work.With the amount of packages I have going out I even had the local post master in my office listening to me on how i get my a$$ beat daily by my international customers because the tracking info receive doesnt work.Then i get question,Are you sure it went out?And I dont mind questions thats what Im here for.But the same question 5 times a day gets a little old.

Rant over :)

Anyways we are working on a solution that shouldnt cost anyone anymore money :)
Sounds Good. I'm keeping my scanners peeled. LOL

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts