Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

If anyone remembers back in July my Charger got vandalized (hood keyed). Figured I would make a bad thing good and although it took a while, my Charger is a way different beast now! I de-striped it. Installed a ViS Carbon Fiber Ram Air Hood with classic MOPAR hood pins (huge shout out to lowriderman who gave me a contact for a great deal). I ended up also picking up OEM 20"s from the Challenger Forums for a good price, swapped out my 18"s. Added some ventshades, and re-striped my car in matte black with .5" red (reflective) pinstriping on the edges. Finally I did the gauntlet that is installing halos and installed the Flashtech colorshifting ones (although I keep them on white because well....laws). Anyway really excited to share all this with you guys, these are just a few quick pics. I had to figure so much out I would absolutely love to answer any questions and help anyone out doing these things. Also I'm selling my old 18"s and my old aluminum hood over on the selling forum. For whatever reason my REDs look PINK in the pictures...probably happened when I shrunk the files down, I'll work on it, but keep in mind that pink color is not accurate at all!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
That is a good looking ride!! How did the hood fit from VIS? That is the external mod I want to get next year. The hood looks awesome!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
There's too much going on imo...

Glad you got those scratches fixed though.
What steps are you going to take to avoid the same thing from repeating?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fitment was superb, I thought anyway. Adjustment took about 10 minutes but the gap on either side of the hood is about 1/8" more than the stock hood. If you go the ViS route PM me for the contact info of the guy I got mine from, he killed the best price I had found online. It will just ship directly from them to you. I also have notes on other brands as it took a lot to finally decide!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the thoughts guys. Appreciate them. The pictures really don't do it justice, so I'll work on a better set soon. I love it, feel it's well balanced. Sometimes it gets a bit too much attention in this area to be honest.

As for the vandalism it's hard to say but I stopped parking it on the street near my apartment in Brooklyn immediately after it happened. I keep it in a private lot two blocks away, but that is gated and secure. I'm not worried about the people who have access to that lot. The people a block down from me are a different story... I just look forward to the day I can move outside the city and get myself a garage.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Looks good! Is your hood same as the VIS SRT Carbon Fiber Hood #11DGCHA4DSRT-010C ?

I'm looking into buying one hopefully next year. Do you mind messaging me how much and where did you get them?

I would also suggest going with a black front grille instead of chrome and lowering the car. Just my opinion. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys thanks for the awesome feedback, really appreciate it! Now I can't wait for the weather to clear up here in a few months to get to modding again! Happy New Year!

Hades I'll send you a PM. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Looks good! Now you just need the Danko grille...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Dang man.. that looks hot! Nice Job!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts