Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got hi flow jba cats installed I already had bbk headers installed and also flowmaster force 2 exhaust I have only had the cats on for about a month and I just got a code today I checked with my predator tuner and it said p0420 bank 1 threshold I cleared the code and the engine light did not come back on today. Is the hi flow cats causing that? Should I change something on my tuner? The settings I have on it is 93 cai tune with mds off and 20% throttle boost and rev limiter all the way up I also have a air hammer cai as always thanks for the help

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just recently got hi flow jba cats installed I already had bbk headers installed and also flowmaster force 2 exhaust I have only had the cats on for about a month and I just got a code today I checked with my predator tuner and it said p0420 bank 1 threshold I cleared the code and the engine light did not come back on today. Is the hi flow cats causing that? Should I change something on my tuner? The settings I have on it is 93 cai tune with mds off and 20% throttle boost and rev limiter all the way up I also have a air hammer cai as always thanks for the help
That is normal with all High Flow cats unless you put a 02 extender on the sensor or turn off the rear o2 sensors via the tune. When you install 200-300 cell count cats the rear o2 thinks the factory cat has failed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271629171949?lpid=82&chn=ps

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
That is normal with all High Flow cats unless you put a 02 extender on the sensor or turn off the rear o2 sensors via the tune. When you install 200-300 cell count cats the rear o2 thinks the factory cat has failed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271629171949?lpid=82&chn=ps

He's right. Those codes are hit or miss with high flows. The emissions systems became more sensitive over the years.

Try the 02 extenders/non-foulers first. If those don't work, you'll need a custom tune.

I have a 2012 and the extenders only worked for 100 miles or so after initial install. I had the car retuned and it's been great ever since.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a way I can turn the 02 sensors off using my predator tuner or do I have to take it somewhere to get a custom tune or is there another way thanks

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Is there a way I can turn the 02 sensors off using my predator tuner or do I have to take it somewhere to get a custom tune or is there another way thanks

No way to turn them off on your own. The easiest way is to get an email tune. The car should be tuned to get the max benefits of the high flow cats.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yoy probably can run O2 extenders like someone mentioned or the big daddiesgarage mini cat O2 stimulators

·
Registered
924 Posts
It does seem hit or miss with the codes and hi-flows. I've had my JBA hi-flow cats/mids on for almost a year with no code. Not sure this would cause it, but could it possibly be a bad O2 sensor?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Same here, no codes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts