Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about these head lights? I asked my wife and she said she did not like them. I think it is because of the money though. I would like to get some other opinions though.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
There are not the best headlight...The Halos are not real bright and pretty thick. If you are mechanically inclined I would suggest getting a Halo set from either http://FOCUZTECH.COM OR ACC.

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I saw those in a local custom shop here for $350

·
Registered
179 Posts
thats what i want to get saw it on ebay.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
in my honest opinion its not exactly what i would put money into, i could think of better things (HIDs). i think of those types of headlights to be more on a honda civic or some kind of import like that..but hey! its your car if you like it go for it..:rockon:

·
Registered
789 Posts
I didn't think that was going to be possible, retro fitting from the new charger hid's.
No one knows yet if the mounting points have changed. If not a swap is very easy just need a wiring harness & relay. Will still be pricey for the 08 HID equipped headlights though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
i dont know if i would buy those personally.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have those sitting in my garage right now.. The lack of instruction's and the fact that I might want to just do a halo retro kit has me holding off on the installation.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i boght it they came with no instruction sucks

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hook up is pretty easy. The 3 diodes on the bottom each have 2 wires - one is hot and one is ground,black.
Same with the Halos.
On a 300 we grounded the 3 black wires for the diodes to one single solderless ring terminal and did the same to the black wires on the halos to another solderless ring terminal. There is a grounding lug on the chassis behind the facia on both sides of the car, that is where you need to ground them both. The hot wire for the halos were put into one yellow, 10 guage, but connector and spliced into the parking light hot wire. The color of the wire escapes me. I am not sure about the turn signal on the Charger lights, I assume they are diodes also. Any pics of the backs of the lights?

Scott

·
Registered
179 Posts
can you write more clearly about what to do with the wires got the part of the ground but the yellow kind of confused. pls help i am a beginner and will try to intsall asap

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Well there are a couple ways to do it. Take the wires for the Halos and twist them together and put in one end of a yellow solderless butt connector.Squeeze the connector to make the connection.

Disconnect the connector that goes to the parking lights.You will need to pull the wires out of the spiral wrapping.You will need a test light to find the proper wire.It will stay on when the headlights and parking lights are on. One wire will go to the turn signal, you do not want that one.Check you wires.I believe it`s the middle wire, not possitive about that , cut and strip the ends of that wire back about 1/2 inch.Twist them together and put them in the other end of the yellow solderless butt connector that is connected to the Halos and squeeze it together. Check connections again and check to see all works right.
I hope this helps.

Scott

·
Registered
616 Posts
any pics of installs??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts