Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum and I have a couple questions. I'm in the process of working out a deal on a 06 Charger SE. I should take delivery on it by the end of the week. I've been browsing the site and I can't find a whole lot of information on the V6 and I was wondering if anyone could point me to some good info or if anybody with the V6 could let me know how they like it. I read the V6 section but it seems like everyone has the hemi (I don't blame you just trying to convince myself :happy: )

With 250hp and 250lb torque it seems that it would still move. What kind of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times do they run stock? How much do they weigh? I won't mod it very heavily since it'll be a daily driver and if wanted to mod it I would've got the hemi. Just right now I didn't want to pay the extra price tag for the hemi. I will probably add a catback exhaust, CAI when they come out, and maybe some stock foglights.

Thanks in advance guys!

Oh btw I will post pics as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Hi 1quick1 :wave:

Welcome to the forums! I've had my SXT for about 3 1/2 months and couldn't be happier with my purchase decision. The car is also my daily driver, and I just passed 6K miles.

I think you will find that for most of us SE & SXT owners, our cars are our daily drivers as well as having some fun on the side driving.

I honestly don't know how fast mine is 0-60, except for me to say fast enough for me. At this time,there are not a lot of aftermarket products out there for the V6 models yet, but hopefully later this fall some will come along for us.

To answer your question, the curb weight of the SE & SXT is 3,820 lbs compared to the RT HEMI at 4,100 lbs.

WELCOME ABOARD :clap:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response! I've been reading as much info on the site as possible. I can't wait to get the deal worked out and get my Charger in. They had one there but it was already sold so I have to wait and see where I can get one from. Hopefully by the end of the week it will be all worked out.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I think you should expect 0-60 in the mid-7 second range, 1/4 mile times in the mid- to high-15s. Should be a great car, I hope you enjoy it. SE is a great value and a very decent performer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mark. Those numbers sound about right to me. Those aren't bad especially while getting decent gas mileage.

Another question I have. Under the speedometer does the charger have the outside temperature, direction, avg mpg, etc like the 05 Grand Cherokees?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
1quick1 said:
Thanks Mark. Those numbers sound about right to me. Those aren't bad especially while getting decent gas mileage.

Another question I have. Under the speedometer does the charger have the outside temperature, direction, avg mpg, etc like the 05 Grand Cherokees?
Nope......Just the outside air temp if you toggle the trip odometer switch (button).

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have had my SXT since Memorial Day weekend and have put over 10,000 thoroughly enjoyable miles on the V6. Peformance is awesome with highway mileage running 24-26 MPG consistently (I have driven the HEMI Magnum and it's real sweet but as you can tell I drive a lot!).

I would agree on the performance figures posted earlier in the thread which puts the V6 on a par with the first gen big block V8 Chargers. I would suggest upgrading the wheels in the hope that you can get away from the Goodyears they put on at the factory as they are the weakest link of an incredible automobile.

·
Registered
85 Posts
your post said you'd prob put in foglights just to let you know that if you do the install which is easy (i did it myself) you still need to get it programed by dealer starscan tool. find out how much they charge for complete install including programming. dealer wants 85 dollars just to program . so if full install is in that range just let them do it then youll save your time for the same money im paying. my se has 2500 miles i love it

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies guys. When I pick the SE up I will ask them how much to program/install the foglights.

Just out of curiousity why do they have to be programmed? Is it an easy install? Are the wire harnesses already there or does everything have to be wired?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
welcome to the forum. i have an r/t but did test drive the sxt....i was very impressed and thought it handled and sped up quickly. you will be very happy with the v6...after all it is still a charger!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
About a year ago I was in Vegas and rented a 300 Touring with the 3.5 V6. I was impressed! I think you will be happy with the car, it was responsive good on gas and fun to drive ( I had never driven one before).
I bought the Daytona because I wanted someting that didn't blend in as much. I think any Charger choice you make, you will like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts