Charger Forums banner

New Guy Near Houston

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  CARiD 
#1 ·
Howdy all...shopping Chargers right now and stopped in for good quality input.

I'm about to change jobs and may need to pick up a new ride for work (lots of trips to airport and occasional taking clients out and about demand space and decent profile). Chargers offer more car for the money IMO and am maybe targeting an RT or SXT with a 3.6. I'm looking at 2 years old up to new.
I have fair amount of experience with FCA products after 2 Rams since 2015 and wife has a 2019 3.6 Grand Cherokee LTD.

What do I need to look out for specific to the Chargers? I'm a bit wary on what's going on with the cams on both the 3.6 and 5.7 but have yet to get bitten by it. Jeeps have some additional weak points with oil coolers. Very familiar that all vehicles and strengths and weaknesses but the Chargers are a matured product and I'm hopeful there is plenty good to see and learn.
No doubt I'll be able to find some of this fishing thru the forum posts but thought I'd ask for the input, too. Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
I would say go with the RT in my opinion. SXTs can be nice too. The RT would just be my personal preference out of the two I have a ‘12 SRT and I love it honestly and most people do as well lol. I could be wrong as idk too much about the newer model options but I believe the RT would also be better if you’re going to be transporting people in your vehicle etc. might be a little bit more comfortable and obviously a little more fun 😂. Just my 2 cents though. Welcome!

#3 ·
R/t has more comfort and appearance options and will impress clients more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.