Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Whats going on? Im new here and just thought I would drop a line and introduce myself...My name is Nick, I live in Wilmington MA. I have been a member of 2gstratus.org for the past three years or so but looking into getting a charger in the next few weeks so i thought i would stop by here. My 02 Stratus R/T Coupe just turned 47K miles today and i think it's just about time to let her go. I bought it new and have owned it for 3 years yesterday. I love it, but it's time for a change. Any one else here from Ma? well im probably going to be around some because these forums. so ill talk to you all later...Nick

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I ordered an inferno red Charger R/T at the end of July and am waiting for it to be built, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. If you feel like ponying up $20, the guys who work at the assembly plant (Brampton, Ontario) will give you regular updates on your car as it is being built, if you're doing the factory order thing.

Have you scoped out the options that you are interested in for your Charger?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really, I def want leather, not really worried about the sound system cause im gonna probably going to be upgrading that on my own. Im the kinda person who can't remember retains driving information like a raock wall, so i was thinking about getting navi. Im just not sure if I will have that installed seperatly or get it from the factory. I will probably have that installed as an aftermarket because i really want a tv in the dash, but not the flip out ones, i want it to look stock. Im not sure if you can have that installed to the factory set up? Ill have to look into it and find out what is more bang for the buck.

·
Registered
608 Posts
stratusrtrida said:
Hey guys, Whats going on? Im new here and just thought I would drop a line and introduce myself...My name is Nick, I live in Wilmington MA. I have been a member of 2gstratus.org for the past three years or so but looking into getting a charger in the next few weeks so i thought i would stop by here. My 02 Stratus R/T Coupe just turned 47K miles today and i think it's just about time to let her go. I bought it new and have owned it for 3 years yesterday. I love it, but it's time for a change. Any one else here from Ma? well im probably going to be around some because these forums. so ill talk to you all later...Nick
Howdy and welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
stratusrtrida said:
Welcome Aboard and welcome to the addiction. I am not a MA boy, but RI is really close...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I work in Newton so I do the ride of death every morning. 295 to 95 to 128. Nothing like driving the break down lane at 80 with a car carrier 6 inches off the right side mirror to wake you up fast...

·
Registered
681 Posts
You drive all the way to newton. Damn that's a long ride. I live in waltham ma and drive ike 14 or so miles west to Natick. Hey stratus, if you are in wilmington, ya should head down to the Burlington Dodge. I got my Black R/T for 500 over invoice, but I got a 500 dollar incentive so I broke even. The only options I got where the power sun roof, convenice group II and the Road and Track Package. Just talk to Jim Johnson, the sales manager. He is a no hassle guy who will give you the best price he can. I went down to Boch Dodge, and they wanted 500 off sticker and wouldn't budge. But hey shop around. Good Luck man

·
Registered
61 Posts
Shopping around is key. You can snag a good deal if you 1) have a little patience, and 2) find the right dealer. When I decided that the Charger R/T was going to be my next chariot, I visited 5 local dealers and pinged a few more local dealers on the internet (I live in the Philadelphia area - and yeah, I am really sick of hearing about T.O. as well :bored: )

The first dealer would not go lower than MSRP. The second would go $1000 under MSRP. That's where most of the dealers were at. Of the ones I contacted via internet, three replied with quotes. One offered $1000 over invoice, one offered $400 over invoice, and one offered $400 under invoice. Kick in the $500 rebate on top of that and I basically ordered my Charger for the employee price. :happy:

So definitely shop around and request quotes from the Dodge website as well - you'll find someone willing to make a good deal to sell you a car. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I actually planned on going to Burlington Dodge. I was there last saturday and looked around. I was origionally thinking about trading in the stratus for a Hemi 1500 Pick-up. Then i saw the charger and really started to get interested in them. They are offering cars here at an employee discount before Sept 6th, so i was trying to get mine by then. Also, does anyone know how this would work? My brother lives in NH and doesn't have to pay sales tax, If you buy an car from someone in your family they can gift it to you. So could i possibly beat the sales tax if he bought it and "gifted" it to me? Or can you only gift something to someone if you live in the same house hold?

P.S. No one wants any decals made up? I thought these things would be selling like hot cakes.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I would say just be very cool, and don't rush into it.

I bought mine on July 4th and I didn't go out to buy a car that day. They had 2 R/T's on the lot (they sold out fast).

I drove it, loved it and told the guy that if we could work something out no money down, we would do it that day.

I got him down to $29,500 (about $3,000 below sticker) and then I told him that I changed my mind and wanted to pay cash.

He took it down a lil more and bam!, I got a great f'in deal.

Just be cool. You may feel like you need it right now, but waitin a couple weeks won't kill ya :happy:

And yes, I love the sticker idea. If ya need a couple bucks for it, I'll Paypal ya a few :wink:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i made a post about the stickers and the pricing. Im not too sure what everyone wants? Some people just think ... "CHARGERFORUMS.COM" to go across a headlight or taillight. I was thinking something more official, something that when you see it you say "hey, Im a member of that club"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts