Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought my first non-Ford product since I've been driving. I have had 1990 GT Mustang, a 1996 Mystique Cobra, and a 2000 lightning. I currently own a F350 and my wife drives an Escape. I was in the market for a muscle car again and I was looking at Mustangs, but stumbled on the Hemi Charger that I ending up buying. It was a perfect fit because I have a 7 month old son and having 4 doors is great, but 350HP and 390 ft. lb. in the same package is even better!! I love this CAR!! It even made my wife happy.

I own an alternative fuels business here in Albuquerque and I convert diesel engines to run on vegetable oil and gasoline vehicles to run on E85 (flex fuel). Anyway I am not a tree hugger but a patriot. I have been to Iraq twice and with oil being one of the top 3 funding sources for terror I have tried to find better ways of fueling America without sacrificing performance. I will have the Charger converted next week and with E85 being 105 octane straight from the pump I should be able to use pretty aggressive timing curves once I get a programmer.

Anyway, I am already going to put a cold air kit on and a cat back. Does anybody have an opinion on a well performing/quiet set of mufflers/resos? Besides the basics like pulleys, exhaust, air intake, programmer are there any other low hanging performance upgrades??

Looking forward to benefitting from the knowledge of the folks on this board.

Kevin

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hellow from Texas, glad to have you with us. My wife is from Albuquerque. I actually proposed to her on top of Sandia (I think that’s how you spell it) when we went there to visit her parents.

Sounds like you got a pretty good start on the mods. I would guess that some might add a new thermostat, headers, or cam to the list.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Congrats, and welcome from Northern California's Central Valley.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Another HI from Texas, and welcome! Grew up just north of you in Durango.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

Sandia is the correct spelling...I took my wife on our first date up there...nice view.

Durango has some great skiing!!

I think I will hold off on the heads/cam until warranty goes away...but would like to go there down the road, but need to get the basics out of the way.

How much fun are the headers?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
to the forums from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome from the Motor City.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee!

·
Registered
368 Posts
A BIG hello from the Westside(Taylor Ranch)! Nice to see another DUKE CITY Charger owner!!!

Ed

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Welcome to the family from California.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome from San Diego :wave:

Born & Raised in Albuquerque for 13 years....now stationed and living in SOCAL!

Taking a road trip out there to visit family in oct or nov, dont know yet!

I grew up in CA...stuck here though....my nephew just joined the Marines...I am a USAF guy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts