Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First car I've ever modded, figured the exhaust and grille would be a good place to start. I'll try getting a video clip of the way the exhaust sounds up tomorrow but for now it's just the grille!

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
I like it, I have one like it on my 2010 SXT though.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm not sure on this either, maybe a different angle would help. I think it takes away some of the aggressive look in the front and leans more towards a reserved Chrysler 300 look.

My opinion and you definitely get points for customization. If you like it that's all that really matters.

-Mitch
2014 SXT Plus AWD w/ Sport Appearance Package

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Different angle shot

Hey thanks for the feedback. I do like it a lot, probably could have gone with just blacking out the OEM grille but I saw this one and couldn't pass it up. It is similar but is a different kind of mesh and doesn't have the horizontal bar. I finally got around to taking another picture from a different angle though for you Mitch. I've always liked the looks of the 300 too so I guess if it looks like that to some I can't complain haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
Opinion Alert!

I don't like any of the aftermarket grilles available. A blacked out OEM grille looks best. I've thought of some alternative designs (like the parallel dodge stripes), but that's not something I'd wanna get into.

For the first time, I don't care to mod my car. I've modified every car before this one. I will jump at a procharger the first chance I get however. The only other modification I'd do is coilovers to get the car to sit a couple inches lower and fit the wheel well a bit better. I'll also get 20-inch rims, but prefer the OEM designs to anything else being offered, so till I can do all that, my baby is staying the way I got her from the factory.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Totally respect your opinion Black-N-Tan. I like the blacked out OEM look as well. I still have the stock grille and I've thought more than once about having it dipped/painted and changed back out. If I found a completely barless grille that worked with adaptive cruise control I'd probably buy it too. I like the look of a grille without crossbars but the ones I found before I bought this one didn't work with ACC and then after I bought this one I stopped looking. A lot of people have Danko grilles which aren't bad but I don't like how inset they are. Oh well I like this look obviously haha and unless I find something that really wows me I'll stick with it!

·
Registered
561 Posts
IT's all about what you like. Arguably though, what you like can be swayed one way or another based on an overwhelmingly positive or negative response.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I can't really deny that either. You do things to your car for your liking but you want other people to appreciate it too.

·
Registered
916 Posts
How about this then? 300 front end on a Charger body? Supposedly the front ends are hot swappable

·
Registered
916 Posts
Here's the Danko, which looks pretty sweet but I see what you're saying about the deep inset

·
Registered
916 Posts
This is what I have (this isn't my car though) the matte black grill with black insets. I like it as it matches my matte black hood scallops

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I had a 300 I'd swap front ends just to see what they both looked like, maybe drive 'em around for a day or two to see what reactions I got haha.

The Danko actually does look pretty sweet but from the little I've read from other people installing it there's cutting of some sort? I'd rather not have to cut my car (or have other people cut it, I wouldn't trust myself!) I like what I have more anyway

·
Registered
916 Posts
If a phantom pulled up and I had that car I would simply say I am flattering his car with impersonation lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
916 Posts
My first thought on the Danko was it looked too Mustang-y for me. I am coming around on it though

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
IT's all about what you like. Arguably though, what you like can be swayed one way or another based on an overwhelmingly positive or negative response.
You can custom order them at any depth you want for a $10 cut charge

1 - 19 of 19 Posts