Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a 2.7 v6 and i know that its not a power charger but i was wondering what setups people had on there 2.7s or if the setup is the same as the 3.5s. I just wanted an opinion on what people thought would be the best setup. Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have a flowmaster 40 on my 2.7 I did not like it at first but know it actually sounds pretty good after it got broke in. That is a single in dual out. Its in the audio video library but my digital camera absolutly does no justice because it sounds alot better than recorded.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I sold my stock daytona exhaust to a girl with a 2.7 and it sounds great. Go to the for sale thread like he said and get a good deal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
autopartswarehouse.com sells a magnaflow exhaust kit(catback) for $820 and free shipping. comes with all the hardware so u can do it yourself. I took it to my local miffler place so they can weld it instead if clamping it. They charged me $150 to put it in.

·
Registered
202 Posts
OURunner...are you at OU(i am assuming you go to/went Oklahoma) currently. If you are i have a 3.5 with dual flowmaster that your welcome to come listen to. It is the torred with RT wheels and custom pinstripping. PM me if you want to meet up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea im at ou. im a sophmore here and i have one of the many brilliant black chargers around campus. i dont think ive seen yours around but will keep an eye and ear out for you. i will look around at my schedule and see when im free, i would like to hear yours.

·
Registered
91 Posts
you don't even have to get the magnaflow kit for chargers, it's much pricer, I'll tell you what I got today: After careful consideration and spending hours on here reading I decided to go with two magnaflows under my 3.5 V6. Pipes comeback and no resos. two 3" polished tips just set the whole rear end of the car off now, as compared to the one s-steel that wasn't very visible. A shop was tryin to give me one magnaflow and two pipes to cut cost but the one pipe would require alot of hangers, etc. Dual exhaust just wasn't meant to be done like that. Out of about 10 muffler shops about half said they could do that to cut cost and the other half said they wouldn't rig something up like that and didn't want to put their name out their like that. Also for all of you lookin to do this, most of the muffler guys did not suggest a flowmaster on a V6. Magnaflow also has a lifetime warranty. I am extremely pleased w/ the sound, not too annoying loud but definate rumble heard. My guy put these 2 magnaflows on for $600. That was the parts, labor, everything. Also the deal was with the flowmaster on a V6 the sounds they were gettin were more high pitched and didn't sound as good to them as the deep throaty growl of the magnaflow. I got this done today and with the radio on low the sound/drone was not bad at all and I deleted the resos.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I put a flowmaster on my SXT and it sounded awesome.

·
Registered
91 Posts
well...everyones taste is different, everyones idea of what loud is differs and i think it's difficult to describe a sound anyways. think the same sound would sound different to each individual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts