Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
God I truly hate the dealer a block down the road from me... since I was across the road getting groceries I decided to stop and drool on the go mango daytona they just got in and I asked how much they'd charge to install the borla with 5" pipes I just ordered.... The idiot in charge of the service department tried telling me it would void my warranty.

I told him that it would only void the warranty on parts that they could PROVE the exhause caused the damage to and he said that was the first he had heard of it....

I wonder how many warranty jobs that place has screwed people on.

That would be another great example of its they're not 5 star go down the road :)

15 minutes in 2 different directions I can find a 5 star dealer.

If anybody ever runs into a problem like this make sure you see this thread: http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1121&highlight=warranty

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Dont assume 5 star = warranty happiness. It's more closely related to the individual service advisor. I called my local 5 Star department upon recieving a report that a buddy was told that Stage 1 would void his entire bumper to bumper warranty.

I got two different answers from two different advisors within 2 hours. One said it would depend on the problem, one said flat out the same thing, the whole warranty was void.

Remember, folks who dont know they are getting took dont complain:) I do agree that all owners who mod should be aware of both the Magnussen-Moss act and the possible effects of their mods.

Hard to argue that your intake didnt cause you ball joints to go bad if you cant point to either one on the car:)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have a nail in my condensor? they told me it wasnt under warranty and the part is nearly 1000.00 bucks. I complained for a while and its fixed under warranty.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Legally, that should be covered by you aut insurance. Unless the nail got there at the factory, or at the dealer:)

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the 5 star dealer I bought it from I have a friend that works the desk that I grew up with and was friends with when I was little so he makes sure that crap gets taken care of for me ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Legally, that should be covered by you aut insurance. Unless the nail got there at the factory, or at the dealer:)
\

the major kick is that I got the ticket for the car and the condensor is not on there. They replaced the low pressure valve on it. I think they were trying to screw me.

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't you mean nail you ?

·
Registered
202 Posts
man, ive seen some crazy **** get covered under warrenty where i work. if the service managers are pretty lax and it isnt total customer fault (i.e. coffee in the shifter) most anything will go warrenty if the car is still covered.

also, and i hate to give out this tip because it technically puts less money in my pocket, but if you cry juuuust enough, you can get a lot of stuff for free. :whistle:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Total warranty void statements are all bunk. The warranty can only be void if a part or system failure occures and instalation or use of an aftermarket part can be directly related to a specific failure. If an aftermarket part does cause a part or system failure, only directly related repair operations can be subject to warranty consideration. The aftermarket part itself would be covered by it's manfacturer but, usually limited to just the part not any damages caused by the use of that part

Now, if you open up the engine and change things like the intake manifold, the cam, the heads, add a nox or a blower, I would think, any failure of any part of the drivetrain could be questioned. The same could hold true for suspension part failures if, lets say, lowering springs are installed. Brake, suspension, or wheel bearing failures could be questioned if wheels are change. and so on. There has to be a direct link, maybe they could deny a computer failure if a reprogramer is installed. You see where I'm going with this....

There are Federal laws that will not allow a manufacturer to void the entire vehicle warranty.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yes, Don, you are indeed legally correct. But in reality, to gain this coverage, you might be required to spend way more than the cost of the repair fighting in court. Only in the end to be faced with a decision made by a judge who cant even pop his own hood, and therefore bases his choice on who to belive, Carl the Car Owner, or Ernie the Auto Engineer.....

I'm not saying it legal, or right, just that it happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts