Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've hunted through the threads about dampening the sounds coming out of exhausts - but there are far too many posts delaing with exhaust sounds. I had a Cherry Bomb Pro Dual Exhaust kit (PN 300656) installed on my '08 V6 Charger two weeks ago. Involves cutting the pipe just in front of the first muffler and the rest of the kit is bolt on. Went from one pipe to two pipes with nice welded chrome tips. Problem is - the cabin noise is crazy loud! :confused:
At 2500rpm the noise is equal to 1/3 of my stereo volume. It only goes up from there. The kit used the Cherry Bomb Pro muffler - I'm wondering if changing out the muffler will bring down a) the pitch a little (that isn't too bad though) and b) the decibel level. I'd love to have it where it is about half the volume of what it is now.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Your best bet may be to try and remove / sell what you have and buy one that's better suited for your tastes.

I shopped and watched lots of YouTube videos before I settled on mine - and have been happy with what I have for over 2 years now. Mine has just the right touch of cabin volume under acceleration.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
i dont know about your setup..but im sure you just need to give the exhaust time to "break in"

my flowmasters sounded exactly how you said when i first got them and stayed that way for about 2 months..after that the drone was alot less, yet very tolerable and now a year and 8 months later i have no complaints whatsoever...i would just give them time...if after that you still cant stand them, consider putting resonators on...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i dont know about your setup..but im sure you just need to give the exhaust time to "break in"

my flowmasters sounded exactly how you said when i first got them and stayed that way for about 2 months..after that the drone was alot less, yet very tolerable and now a year and 8 months later i have no complaints whatsoever...i would just give them time...if after that you still cant stand them, consider putting resonators on...
x2, when i bought my flowmasters, even though i didnt mind it it was really loud inside my car. After a couple months it quieted down a bit and now i can barely hear a low rumble while at idle. I say give it a little while and it'll get better

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I'm putting resonators on my flows as well i only i want to hear mine when i step on it not normal city driving.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Either change the mufflers or add reso to it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all. I may wait a month or two to see how it adjusts.

After that if it hasn't dropped down I'll throw some resonators on the pipes going back. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should have just went with the blastin bobs kit with reso's. Its perfect for having good sound on acceleration, but low to no tone while city driving or cruising.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
...after that the drone was alot less, yet very tolerable and now a year and 8 months later i have no complaints whatsoever...
That's not your mufflers getting less noisy, that's you LOSING YOUR HEARING!

(can you lip-read now too?):)

·
Registered
741 Posts
That's not your mufflers getting less noisy, that's you LOSING YOUR HEARING!

(can you lip-read now too?):)

LOL thats a good one

·
Registered
8 Posts
resonators suck!!!

Why even change your exhaust if you're gonna keep the resonators??? I doubt if we gain alot of HP by changing the muffler anyways(unless it's a TRUE dual)

Just my two cents...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks all. I may wait a month or two to see how it adjusts.

After that if it hasn't dropped down I'll throw some resonators on the pipes going back. Thanks.
I don't think the mufflers will get any quieter than when new. As time goes on they get LOUDER. I just think your ears get used to it. My $0.02

·
Registered
236 Posts
put in ur stock muffler and add a blastin bobs tips. there r lots to choose from. i love mine, sound and look
I have the stock muffler with Blastin Bob's 10db duals. It sounds good at idle and on acceleration. It has gotten quieter inside over the past few months but the drone will never go away completely. Overall, I like it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think a pair of small resos on the ends might do what I need. The exhaust has been on for 2 months now with no change.
Anyone know some good hi-flow resos that kill mid/low range noise in the 1500-3000 rpm range?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts