Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my Corsa Sport Exhaust for my -06 Charger R/T.
LOVE the sound but theres 1 problem, sometimes when hitting bumps the exhaust hits the tunnel brace, i know i can buy custom tunnel braces, or put spacers on it to have more clearence, going to talk to my mechanic tomorrow about it.

But in the meanwhile, can it damage the exhaust? Can i run without the tunnel brace?

This is the tunnel brace i found: http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/sx-lx-tb.htm

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I had the same issue when I got my corsa. I just had the shop remove the brace and tossed it. It's been more than a year and no issues since.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same issue when I got my corsa. I just had the shop remove the brace and tossed it. It's been more than a year and no issues since.
Okay, i will see if i can remove it tonight, why is it there? For stability causes or just to protect the exhaust?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Is your exhaust bolted-on, or welded? If it's bolted on, you (or your shop) can loosen most of the clamps from after the cats to the rear axle, put some wood or something between the brace and pipes to raise the pipes a little more, then tighten down the clamps and remove the wood. That usually works.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Is your exhaust bolted-on, or welded? If it's bolted on, you (or your shop) can loosen most of the clamps from after the cats to the rear axle, put some wood or something between the brace and pipes to raise the pipes a little more, then tighten down the clamps and remove the wood. That usually works.
YEP!!! This is the best method!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
924 Posts
My exhaust was rattling on my head shield (complete opposite of yours mine was too high verses too low hitting the brace) so I loosened all the clamps and used something that was about 3/8" tall to hold the exhaust off the brace and retightened and no more noise. It's easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts