Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going straight pipes into 5'' tips for the time being until I start my center exit experiment. So I went to mandrel exhaust.com and ordered their 2.5 system minus the cheap stamped x pipe. Got everything today and the bends are nice a smooth and they use 16g tubing. It's very stout but it does have some weight to it. You can get their kits with the hangers and everything already welded on or basically get a tuner version like I did. The lead pipes and tail pipes cost me 150$ to my door which is half the price of a muffler shop and its mandrel bent.
You can also add whatever muffler you want to the system. Will put some pics up in just a few.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The one downside to this that I just noticed is the ends aren't expanded for the prices to slide together. That means this stuff has to be butt welded.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
U dun think u shuda gone 2.75? I think u shud get an SRT exhaust since u have NOS.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope 2.5 is plenty for a stock motor and even a mild stroker. If you got a big displacement motor then 3'' is a benefit

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Well, true, sinceu are still goin to mess with the exhaust some more

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts