Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got new flowmasters on my 06 R/T.

Very very quiet. I can tell a difference from stock, but only small difference. It's an improvement, but not a huge one. I can notice slightly better throttle response though which is interesting.

The shop advised they took the resonators off too..why I am confused is because others on this forum said the exhaust is very loud, cabin noise, etc..

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I had the same happen to me ... I spent over $300 to replace the suitcase thinking that 2 Magnaflows were gonna sound so much better, and then we start the car up and I go "huh ? That's what I got for my money ?" :knockout:

Eventually I'll replace the resonators and really hear that HEMI !!! :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just got new flowmasters on my 06 R/T.

Very very quiet. I can tell a difference from stock, but only small difference. It's an improvement, but not a huge one. I can notice slightly better throttle response though which is interesting.

The shop advised they took the resonators off too..why I am confused is because others on this forum said the exhaust is very loud, cabin noise, etc..
They should be screaming loud compared to stock. Look under the car and see if you there are resonators out back.

·
Registered
928 Posts
naa they arent THAT loud, also these cars have a good amount of sound deadening in them, try taking a run with you back seats down. or have a friend drive by you, i bet it sounds louder than you think outside the car.

my setup sounds about the same as stock till I get on it then it REALLY steps up, but its still MUCH louder out back at all rpms.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I have just the resos removed on my factory exhaust and its a night and day difference from idle to WOT, or any speed variation inbetween. Im replacing the suitcase with flowmaster 44s which will make it sound meaner. If yours is barely different then stock, somethings wrong. Your car should be 2 - 2 1/2 times louder if the resos are really off

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. Not sure what I was thinking, but they are magnaflows. I am very busy and basically just dropped my car off at the shop. Just wanted a tad more noise from the exhaust. I will check on the resonators.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Sounds like they DID NOT take off the reso's, if they stated they did I would deff check on that!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me with flow masters, I haven removed the resonators yet, I was told it will make a big difference, I guess the question is will I get more hp? Does any one have any feed back on throtle response once the resonators are off?

·
Registered
108 Posts
what do you replace the resonators with, or do you just take them out?

·
Registered
928 Posts
snip snip ..... you just take em out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
with the resonators on the flows dont make much of a difference... ur gunna have to take em off to really hear the flows
Did you replace the resonators with anything or did you just take them out...

·
Registered
928 Posts
not really, just more sound. your gonna get SOME improved flow but I cant imagine it would be enough to really affect anything. your cats are holding you back more than your stock exhaust was.

·
Registered
584 Posts
snip snip ..... you just take em out.
There is a big difference between the stock resonator and none at all. Some people love the sound without resonators, some don't. A Blastin' Bob's kit is the best way to do away with the stock resonator. They have kits that have a Magnaflow straight through muffler, a glasspack kit, resonated tips kit, or just tailpipes. http://www.shop.alliedmuffler.com/category.sc?categoryId=5

·
Registered
928 Posts
he was asking about throttle response not sound. and yes there is a BIG sound difference. and also yes BB's are the way to go.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks for the info. Not sure what I was thinking, but they are magnaflows. I am very busy and basically just dropped my car off at the shop. Just wanted a tad more noise from the exhaust. I will check on the resonators.
I have the Flowmasters catback and am thinking of having the resonaters removed for more of the sound I like from this system, but I am afraid of having the dreaded drone at highway speads.
I am wondering what it would be like with either the Magnaflows or Flowmasters without any resonaters?
Randy

·
Registered
247 Posts
I cutout the suitcase and the reso's and replaced with Super 44's.......MUCH LOUDER than stock.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.