Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a letter from FCA about updating the Valet mode on my 2021 Charger Scat Pack. My first question has anyone on here done the new enhanced valet mode upgrade? If so what exactly does it do?

·
Registered
2021 Widebody Scatpack
19 Posts
I received a letter from FCA about updating the Valet mode on my 2021 Charger Scat Pack. My first question has anyone on here done the new enhanced valet mode upgrade? If so what exactly does it do?
I received the same letter fro my 2021. There is a thread about this:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Got my letter yesterday. Going to schedule the update today.

So everytime you park the car, you activate this "Valet" mode? Then have to turn it off everytime you start the car back up?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
So everytime you park the car, you activate this "Valet" mode? Then have to turn it off everytime you start the car back up?
Yes, if you want the enhanced valet security mode you set the PIN to activate and then enter the PIN again when you return. If you don't wish to activate you are not required to do so.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

So how does the new upgrade work?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So have you taken your car to do the update?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you taken your car to get the update?

·
Registered
2021 Charger Scat Pack, Granite Crystal
28 Posts
I asked my dealership last Saturday about getting the update during my first oil change. They knew nothing about the new update. Two days letter I get the letter from FCA saying I can take my car to my dealer for the update. I called them back, explained to my dealer what the letter said, and they had to research it. Called me back 3 hours later, and said they can do it, but they are booked for over 3 weeks. Guess it will be wait and see until then.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

Hi Duke1182005 and Kurlee Daddee,
Using the Dodge owner’s four-digit security code, the enhanced deterrence feature limits the vehicle’s engine speed to idle (675 rpm) and helps prevent auto theft. At idle, these engines produce approximately 2.8 horsepower and 22 lb.-ft. of torque. As a result, Dodge’s enhanced security measures have a secondary public safety benefit by preventing criminal police evasion and high-speed chases of stolen vehicles. Double encryption has become common on consumer online accounts and adds a second layer of owner protection against vehicle theft. The four-digit encryption code is designed to discourage key-code-spoofing thieves. Dodge will continue to pursue other enhancements to vehicle-theft deterrence in order to protect owners’ investments. Please use the link below to learn more about our new security features.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Reactions: cubsfaninsc

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I asked my dealership last Saturday about getting the update during my first oil change. They knew nothing about the new update. Two days letter I get the letter from FCA saying I can take my car to my dealer for the update. I called them back, explained to my dealer what the letter said, and they had to research it. Called me back 3 hours later, and said they can do it, but they are booked for over 3 weeks. Guess it will be wait and see until then.
Hi @cubsfaninsc ,
Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your vehicle is in service, we're just a PM away.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
40 Posts
My local Stealer-ship is starting to piss me off. Called them twice to get this update and they have yet to get back to me.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Scat Pack, Granite Crystal
28 Posts
I got ahold of another local dealer, and have an appointment for October 1st. Will see then how it goes.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
My local Stealer-ship is starting to piss me off. Called them twice to get this update and they have yet to get back to me.
Hi Kurlee Daddee,
Follow up with us via PM if you would like some help.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I got ahold of another local dealer, and have an appointment for October 1st. Will see then how it goes.
Hi cubsfaninsc,
Sounds great. Please keep us updated.

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 15 of 15 Posts