Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this spray can at Auto Zone of Black Magic 2-in-1 Under Hood Cleaner and Degreaser. I've never cleaned under my hood before, and was very impressed with the results:

Before:

After:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
What's the process? Spray & rinse?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the process? Spray & rinse?

Yup. Spray on when engine is warm. Let sit for 15 minutes, rinse, start car and let engine run for 10 minutes.

The can said you can also agitate with a brush or cloth if it's really dirty, and I think next time I'll do that, because it's still got some dirty and stuff in some of the crevices.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Cool, I bought that stuff and I did not spray it on just wiped it with a towell. Is there any place that I should not spray water? I mean any possible damage?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Cool, I bought that stuff and I did not spray it on just wiped it with a towell. Is there any place that I should not spray water? I mean any possible damage?
I was wondering the same thing. We have those self car wash thing here and it has the engine cleaner option. Its only like 5 minutes away from my house so my engine will only be warm. So I was wondering what harm would come from doing this. Is there anything that should be covered up or should I have a professional do it?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I cleaned mine last weekend I didn't cover anything up

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just use Simple Green. Spray the engine bay, wipe it down, gently rinse and then towel (microfiber of course) dry. Then I start it to dry the parts I can't get to. My Charger has 25k mi and it still looks pristine.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I usually wrap the CAI in a plastic garbage bag first and take care not to soak anything. I don't think a high pressure spray is a good idea.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am looking foward to testing out this product myself. Especially since I will be competing at NOPI in September. I will let you guys know.
thanks,
spittle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts