Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I called my local Dodge dealer yeasterday and they ordered me the black honeycomb grille insert...it was SUPPOSED to be there today, but..did not show up. They said it SHOULD be in tomorrow for sure, so lets hope.
I have a Brilliant Black Charger with the Brilliant Black crosshairs and am putting the Daytona grille insert in the painted crosshairs. Should look HOT. I am also ordering 2 of the oldschool chrome Charger script logo's from lee's tonight so I should have them by the weekend. Putting one on the back of the tunk lid and attaching one to the new honeycombs I should have tomorrow hopefully. Installing everything this weekend if weather permits. Pics will follow! I'm stoked! :rockon:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and quick question about those script emblems for sale over at Lees. Do I want the one with posts or the one with the double sided tape? I hear the ones with the posts are LARGER, is this correct? I am thinking I want the emblems to be as big as possible. What do you guys who have ordered think?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Sorry; busy evening. :D

The one I have is the larger one, that originally came with posts. It looks good both on the back and the front. If you want emblems for the side (like where the 3.5L or HEMI badges would normally be) then grab the stick-on ones. Perfect size; check spoonerock's avatar for an example of that.

If you're grabbing the larger one and plan on shaving the posts, do yourself a favor and go to the sto' for some JB Weld and 3M adhesive tape. You want tape, because the JB Weld may not dry evenly when you fill in the back of the emblem (it's hollow) and the tape gives you a bit more clearance from the metal. Also, note that the trunk lid curves; you'll have to bend the emblem to match the curve.

If you aren't shaving the posts and plan on attaching it to the front, grab some speed nuts instead and don't bother with the JB Weld. Mine is attached to the front with 3M tape, but I had it on the back and then changed my mind. I'm just waiting on it to disappear. If it does, I'm going the speed nut route.

Pic I have showing the most detail out of all of them:

That is the larger one, by the way.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on the grill... I just got done installing the black honeycomb insert into the brilliant black crosshairs!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAY easier than I thought it would be (with the help of a little tool I picked up at the auto store)!! Did not have to take off the bumper or anything, got my hands in there, removed all the screws, popped out the crosshairs and put the new inserts in. It was cake. Now I just need my oldschool charger script emblem to come in the mail and install that! Then pics will come!

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
can you post the link for "LEES"

·
Registered
406 Posts
...what tool? I'm about to get my new grill as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts