Charger Forums banner

Which of the 2 Old School Charger Taillghts do you like best?? Please Vote!

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which of the 2 Old School Charger Taillghts do you like best?? Please Vote in the POLL at the TOP of this thread or your opinion will not be counted!
-
If you want a set, subscribe to this thread below and get on the pre-order list!!

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157236

68 Style (Taillights have 40 LEDs/unit and chrome ring can come in black too)
-

-
-
69 Style: (Smoked Lexan Covers hiding the 4 round circle lights)
-

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
I like them both but really I would need to see how the 69 style lights up to make a better judgment as to which I prefer over the other. For now I will say the 68 because I can wrap my mind around it better.

Also with the 69 style I wish there was a way to tap into the power source from the third brake light to add LEDs to the trunk to make a solid bar like the new chargers but I guess that's actually more like the old Challengers anyway.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Both. But if I had to choose #2.

"Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth..."

·
Registered
619 Posts
i chose #1 because of the more custom look! they both look awesome and agree with GLADIATOR about needing to see them lit up.

one question: if you went with #2 with the lexan you would need to stay with it being black right? otherwise if you painted it any other color would you have 4 big black circles showing through? (i guess two questions :D)

with #1 i can paint around the roundelles and go with any paint scheme i want! just my $0.02!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i chose #1 because of the more custom look! they both look awesome and agree with GLADIATOR about needing to see them lit up.

one question: if you went with #2 with the lexan you would need to stay with it being black right? otherwise if you painted it any other color would you have 4 big black circles showing through? (i guess two questions :D)

with #1 i can paint around the roundelles and go with any paint scheme i want! just my $0.02!
I could have the lexan made out of clear material as well but I think smoked would look way better as ou would see the black panel. You can paint the lexan for sure and leave circles to light up...many ways to go with this mother of a mod

·
Registered
906 Posts
Would these fit the 3.5 as well? I like them both too but if i had to pick, i would go with the 69 style.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would these fit the 3.5 as well? I like them both too but if i had to pick, i would go with the 69 style.

Yes, they will fit ALL 06-10 Chargers including SRT8 and SuperBee!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Awesome!!!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Is this for the LX or LD body?

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
looks like I'm the first vote for the 69, I would expect the 68 to sell a whole lot better though but I'd want the smoked look

·
Registered
213 Posts
Beats me, it's for the 2006-2010 Charger only
Didn't see it where you already answered this. My bad.

FYI:

LX Body:

2005-Current: 300
2006-2010: Charger, Mag

LD Body:

2011+ Charger

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would get the 69 for my SRT in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
531 Posts
IMO the 69 is more stealthy :ninja: maybe a better look on all black vehicles while the 68 gives off more of a retro look to it either way they both look good will just come down to customer preference.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Mo, can you mock up a rendering with the taillights on for the 2nd option? Again, I think it would be really cool if the running lights were oval halo style and then the whole thing lit up for brake lights. Think 2012+ mustang.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Both look great!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

1 - 20 of 37 Posts