Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone, just a quick question I just traded in my 2011 charger rt max awd for a 14 rt max. I'm getting it this Friday I want to do a cold air intake and exhaust I don't have to money for an exhaust upgrade right now can I do the cold air intake in a brand new car or do I have to wait until I hit a certain amount of miles and can I do the intake without the exhaust? I'm doing it at the dealer I know I'll pay more but there's really no reliable places around me to do work like that and I would like to stick with mopar. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I had the CAI waiting when I ordered my '07. I put it on the night I got her home. I would have done the same thing had AFE had a CAI available for my '14. Line was said above, do it yourself. All you need is basic hand tools.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Congrats on the new Charger. Install the CAI yourself. If you can pop a plastic rivet, use a rachet set, you're good to go!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thank you for the replies. Do I have to worry about any sensors being adjusted so I dont get check engine lights or is that something the dealership scares you with? What kills me is I put ceramic breaks and new tires on my 2011 I traded in about 8,000 miles ago. the manager said they would work with me on the tints and the cai if I do it so I dont feel like I lost money on it so we'll see but I know they tell you anything to make the sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts