Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased an '08 SE-plus charger to replace my '07 Ram that was comming off lease. The Charger wasn't one of the cars my wife (I got the last 2 leases the Ram & an '05 Grand Prix, so it was her turn for a new ride) considered for a replacement for the truck. With lease loyalty, brand loyalty, Chrysler financial waiving the $450 for lease turn in fee & the remaining lease payments & $500 off because the Detroit auto show was going on, we got the car CHEAP. They best we can say about the car is it starts & gets us to where we need to go evey time (so far). Sucks fuel in town driving. Does okay on the higway around 24-26 but the Hemi truck with 3.90 gears did a fuzz under 21 on the highway. Go figure. We'll live with it for awhile & see if things change. Dodge trucks Good! Dodge cars???

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Is the gas mileage your main problem with the car or do you have other issues as well?

Welcome from PA by the way!

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Welcome to the forums :wave:

x2 on what Robin asked

·
Registered
192 Posts
welcome from texas. you should have went with the r/t. believe it or not the v8 gets better gas milage than the v6

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
welcome from texas. you should have went with the r/t. believe it or not the v8 gets better gas milage than the v6
How ya figure?

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
How ya figure?
The V8s are damn near the same if not better, just because you put a small motor dosent equal AWESOME gas mileage. The motor is working harder to do the same thing. Just saying, the V6 argument over "I did it to save gas" is just stupid.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Welcome aboard... could be worst... mine is averaging 15mpg right now:rocker:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The V8s are damn near the same if not better, just because you put a small motor dosent equal AWESOME gas mileage. The motor is working harder to do the same thing. Just saying, the V6 argument over "I did it to save gas" is just stupid.
I wasnt saying i bought mine to save gas. I bought it for several reasons and gas was definately not a factor. Though, i dont think you can really say to go buy the hemi bc it gets better gas. Most of mpg is how you drive your car IMO

The numbers that dodge advertises are as follows:
2.7L DOHC 24V V-6 --- 18 city/ 26 hwy
3.5L High Output SOHC 24V V-6 --- 17 city/ 25 hwy
5.7L HEMI® V-8 w/MDS --- 16 city/ 25 hwy
6.1L SRT HEMI® V-8 --- 13 city/ 19 hwy
(You can find the full chart at http://www.dodge.com/en/performance/2009/#mpg_charger)

Maybe same, but I wouldnt necessarily say better.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
The EPA estimates are garbage and don't take real world conditions into the equation.

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Maine!

·