Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
I am not sure if they plan on leaving the Daytona decals on but if they take them off and paint it crazy like the other cars in the past movies, IMO this is a true waste of that car and they should have used a regular R/T.

·
Registered
110 Posts
They could have done worse, IMHO. But you have to know that any cars they use in the F&F movies are going to be seriously modded. Worse comes to worse, the movie will increase the number of body kits out there available for us.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
OOOOOOOOOo i cant wait on this

·
Registered
109 Posts
Let me duck out of the way of the throwing of the food but i really enjoyed this franchise so far.

Used to be heavy into the Import scene and the first movie was great for spot-lighting the whole deal. Second movie was just a fun car movie, kinda like the ol Mopar B movies my dad and i used to watch.

But seriously, i hella enjoyed the third, for some reason i just get it on all levels. Could be in my top 5 contention.

And now see'ing a Charger and the same crew from 3 doing 4, i am very excited about this.

·
Registered
794 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
WAIT!!!! What? In your top 5...like top 5 favs...WHAT??? Okay, I was into import tuning and compact tuning pretty heavy back then and FF1 just perverted our scene. We are still suffering some backlash from that. I mean, yeah, it spotlighted quite a bit, and the R33 (that BARELY got any camera time) was nice to look at, as were the MKII's, the Mupra, and a few other choice rides. I'll give it that. But that movie was funny more than anything. But, funny in a sad, retarded kid falls down on the ice kind of way..you know, where you wanna laugh but you feel bad like Awwwww.
2F2F was...I'll keep my comments to myself on that one. B movie definately sums it up nicely tho.
3F3F...well, best one yet, by far. Sure, there had to be some perversions from Hollywood to make it into a mainstream movie so I won't hold that against them. All in all, not bad.
4F4F, well, if it's anything like 3F3F, then I just might enjoy it slightly. And the fact there's a Charger in it makes it that more [email protected]$$. And, supposedly, that Charger does some drifting (US Drift vs JDM Drift), so that'll be cool.
Alll that being said, With movies like Gone in 60 sec, Ronin, Italian Job, Initial D, The Raife, and Speedmasters, I fail to see how there's any room for that franchise in your top 5. But, to each their own. ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah i understand the negativity FF1 brought around. It's akin to a band you really like when no one knows them, when they hit big it's just not the same anymore, all of a sudden your a cow like the thousands of others hehe.

And see'ing the Charger Mopar drifter go i can't wait to see one on the big screen, hope it's just not about drift though, I'd like to see all sorts of racing and driving styles, kinda like a Forza challenge, just cooler.

As on the movies topic.....the Gone movies are okay...but it's still about a Ford. Same with Italian job, depending on which you like best, still a Cooper movie. Guess i just miss Vanishing Point, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry etc etc hehe.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
1f&f was ok only because of the old school charger, the second was decent at best, but the 3rd could have been a japanimation. I thought it was horrible, but thats the domestic v8 lover inside of me. I just really cant get into that scene. To me, the slicks and drag radials belong in the back of the car. The supras are ok as is the skyline, but thats about it. If I am going to own a foreign car, its going to be a porsche or a bmw 3 series.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ok. I can understond that. You like the CARS in the 1st two better. Yeah, outside of some of the wild crap, me too. Absolutely HATED that R34 in 2F2F tho. But, movie wise, there's no concievable way you like 1F1F OR 2F2F over 3F3F. You couldn't have. It's impossible.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Tru dat hehe. The third was prolly the first 'complete' movie in the whole deal so far. But like i said, i really really liked the third movie, prolly the only one who does to this extent hehe, hence the flying tomatoes =)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Tru dat hehe. The third was prolly the first 'complete' movie in the whole deal so far. But like i said, i really really liked the third movie, prolly the only one who does to this extent hehe, hence the flying tomatoes =)
I liked it to that extent too! ....wheeew Im outta the closet now...hahahaa....

hey can you all suggest good racing movies- import or muscle.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Driftscuky had a good list. The Italian Job and Gone in 60 secons movies use cars extensively as a narrative tool.

Initial D is based of the manga and unless you really liked the series i do not recomend it hehe. Just seemed way rushed and more of a how to guide to drifting.

Ronin like the first examples aren't nesearily car movies, but use them extensivley to tell a story and prolly has one of the coolest car chase sequences.

There are a ton of old muscle B movies out there, hard to find on disc, but their there. Check your 6 dollar bins at Walmart, be surprised what you can find.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
As soon as this movie comes out the cops will be pulling chargers over for
any little thing. After the first movie came out the cops were pulling over civics, rx-7's, and anything with a coffee can mufflers.

Gee, I can't wait....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not nuts about the exhaust on there would like to see something real aggressive. I'm curious what the fender flares are going to turn out looking like, it would be cool to have some super wide tires for crazy grip.

I like F&F 1(favorite part is in the avatar) hated 2 but dug the challenger and thought 3 was pretty good and Vin Diesels what was it? plymouth? was cool...

Every Mopar guy NEEDS to see Vanishing Point... it is AWESOME. Think if the last 5 minutes of the Nick Cage version of Gone in 60 Seconds was an entire movie.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts