Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really new... :grin: I've had my Charger since January 12th, 2007 and haven't posted my intro thread.

My first experience with the Charger was in Hawaii (about 1+ yrs. before I purchased mine). I got a Charger SXT as a rental and was amazed with the size of this car (I'm 6' 1" so legroom is always an issue with some cars). While I was on my vacation in Hawaii, I was getting compliments left and right about this car. Since then, every time I needed to rent a car, I always asked for a Charger. I have been an avid reader of this forum since then as well.

My previous car was a 1998 Mazda Millenia which was a great car. It was just getting old (150,000 miles) plus a number of issues started popping up. I decided it was time to get a new car. I considered several options before coming down to the Charger:

1 - Pontiac GTO
Pros: Great horsepower numbers, 6 speed manual, good aftermarket, RWD
Cons: Trunk space small, 2 door

2 - Mazdaspeed 6
Pros: Decent HP for a 4 cyl., 6 speed manual, AWD, 4 door
Cons: Small aftermarket, 4 cyl., slightly smaller than my Millenia

3 - Infiniti G35 Sedan
Pros: Good HP, 6 speed manual, RWD, 4 door
Cons: Small aftermarket, smaller than Millenia

4 - Infiniti G35 Coupe
Pros: Good HP, 6 speed manual, RWD, great aftermarket
Cons: Small, 2 door, trunk space small

5 - Mazda RX-8
Pros: RWD, rotary, great aftermarket
Cons: Waaaayyyy too small for me

The cars above were the cars I were seriously considering. My requirements for my next car were RWD (or AWD at least), lots of cargo room, good HP, and plenty of aftermarket. I really wanted a manual but that was not a deciding factor. There were others like Acura, Honda, etc. but alot of those are only FWD.

I looked at the MSRP price of the Dodge Charger R/T and compared to others around the same price range. The Charger had a leg up on everything compared to some other domestics and imports in the same price range. Plus, by reading this forum, there was great aftermarket support for this car.

After some searching, I found a Charger R/T which matched my options (plus some) at a Dodge dealership (Hartzheim Dodge). Before this, I had only driven the V6 models. I could not believe the power of the Hemi V8. I had the hardest time keeping a straight face during the test drive.

After all the dealership paperwork stuff, I drove off the lot with the biggest smile on my face. A black 2006 Dodge Charger R/T was finally mine. My whole family was impressed by the quality and finish of the Charger. My dad plans on trading in the Acura TL for an Avenger but I'm trying to convince him to get a Charger R/T. :grin:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
:wave: welcome :)

I didn't know mopar made a ipod! :smoke:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome! I was evaluating cars before purchase too and the Charger is the choice for performance, looks, RWD, and family functionality. Loving mine so far. Nice leg room for 6'4" and telescoping wheel is a must for tall guys with the seat back so far.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome from the Motor City.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
from Illinois!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Welcome!!!
Where ya at bud???
I'm in MArtinez

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ChargerChic22 - Haha, you caught me. I meant to say "Mopar CANBUS iPod Adapter". Time to change the sig.

vanyir - The space is great in the Charger. I can actually have my seat in a position I like and still have someone sit behind me. Before the Charger, I had to scrunch up against the wheel but even then someone could barely fit behind me.

RTracer - San Jose, near Cupertino area. I hope to get out to some of the NorCal events.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I hear ya on that one! I am 6'2 and this is the first car I have ever owned that I havent had to put my seat all the way back!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts