Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: sorry I MADE PEOPLE MAD OVER AT DODGECHARGER.COM FORUM IN THE GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARD UNDER TOMMYTWOTONE NEW CHARGER. THE RIDE IS GREAT ENOUGH POWER WHEN I NEED IT. :embarrese

·
Registered
5 Posts
tommytwotone said:
:cry: sorry I MADE PEOPLE MAD OVER AT DODGECHARGER.COM FORUM IN THE GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARD UNDER TOMMYTWOTONE NEW CHARGER. THE RIDE IS GREAT ENOUGH POWER WHEN I NEED IT. :embarrese
Glad to see that you made it over to this forum... I was the one that posted the link to this forum, hoping to avoid the slams that usually follow the mention of the new Charger on that message board.

It seems like a contest over there to see who can be the most offensive on this topic... :embarrese

XS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, don't worry about the other folks on other board. Glad you found this place so that you won't get bashed anymore. I will personally say I don't like the design of the new Charger but, its an okay car. Anyways, take care.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i can respect classic cars. what i cant respect is hillbillies that think carburators are better than fuel injection and computer controls....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes classic car are sure a head turner and they do run good. I don't think that carbs are better than fuel injection. As for the computer controls some of the computer controls on newer cars are pretty good but, some companies make their computers hard to crack; case in DCX. Anyways, I think we had a guy with a Cuda convert his car over to fuel injection by using parts off of 5.0 Mustang and I think it was a little better response and mileage than the carb.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Of The Moonlight said:
i can respect classic cars. what i cant respect is hillbillies that think carburators are better than fuel injection and computer controls....
Spoken like a man who has neither driven a carbureted car nor tried to work on a fuel injected one...

·
Registered
202 Posts
or i understand the benifits of newer better technology as opposed to a controlled fuel leak.

also

Of The Moonlight = 4 year auto tech. and 2.5 of those years are solely with Mercedes Benz. :whistle:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Of The Moonlight said:
or i understand the benifits of newer better technology as opposed to a controlled fuel leak.

also

Of The Moonlight = 4 year auto tech. and 2.5 of those years are solely with Mercedes Benz. :whistle:
Hahaha utter foolishness. Have you ever driven a carbed car? It's funny that you're a mechanic and know so little about cars. Fuel injection is nice, yes, but let's not get carried away. My 4300 pound Chrysler gets an honest 23 mpg with a carburetor. The new Charger has MDS, overdrive, fuel injection, and weighs 300 pounds less, and only gets (EPA-based) 25 mpg. Behold the wonder that is fuel injection!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dutch said:
Hahaha utter foolishness. Have you ever driven a carbed car? It's funny that you're a mechanic and know so little about cars. Fuel injection is nice, yes, but let's not get carried away. My 4300 pound Chrysler gets an honest 23 mpg with a carburetor. The new Charger has MDS, overdrive, fuel injection, and weighs 300 pounds less, and only gets (EPA-based) 25 mpg. Behold the wonder that is fuel injection!
Dude, please don't go starting sh!t here. So what if he hasn't worked on carbed cars or not? Does that make one once of difference in a new Charger? I work in the computer networking field and you sound like one of those old grey-haired UNIX farts that talk sh!t about Windows...reminiscing of a time when UNIX controlled the world. I have news for them and you, Windows is where it is at...likewise with fuel injection. Get used to it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
yeah what he said.

obviously carbs work but that hardly means they are better or more reliable. i helped my friend rebuild a carb for his 86 monte carlo ss and ive toyed around with motorcycle cabs a time or two. its never any fun. how many times have i had to replace fuel injectors? never. i dont really care to argue though because....well, im just right and thats all there is to it. ha ha.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
That's fine, you guys can go through life without any appreciation for the carburetor or muscle cars or whatever you want. I'm not going to argue.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dutch said:
That's fine, you guys can go through life without any appreciation for the carburetor or muscle cars or whatever you want. I'm not going to argue.
Wait...hold on a damn minute. I NEVER said that I don't like carbs or older muscle cars! I simply said that fuel injection is the standard now, for new cars...a lot of engineering has gone in to it. Besides, after I win the lottery, me and my dad are going to buy an old Charger and build it up like the one in the Fast and the Furious. I wouldn't mind doing an El Camino the same way as well.

Now lets all give each other a hug here...just don't be grabbing my ass. :jeez:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
dagummit said:
Wait...hold on a damn minute. I NEVER said that I don't like carbs or older muscle cars! I simply said that fuel injection is the standard now, for new cars...a lot of engineering has gone in to it. Besides, after I win the lottery, me and my dad are going to buy an old Charger and build it up like the one in the Fast and the Furious. I wouldn't mind doing an El Camino the same way as well.

Now lets all give each other a hug here...just don't be grabbing my ass. :jeez:
All right, maybe I read something into it you weren't trying to say. People who have no respect for carbs are a pet peeve because they definately have some strong points.

BTW my lottery Charger will be a '68, built to look stock, with a stroked 383.

·
Registered
202 Posts
haha im just tryin to get under your skin man. its been a slow day. :tongue:

anyway, my dream car is a 1959 cadillac coupe deville.....but its totally getting a new z06 motor. fuel injection and the works haha. i certainly can respect someones time, effort, dedication, and passion, but i just plain dont like carburators. im sure alot of it stems from the fact i know little about them, but i also love technology and seeing how far one can go with it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Of The Moonlight said:
haha im just tryin to get under your skin man. its been a slow day. :tongue:

anyway, my dream car is a 1959 cadillac coupe deville.....but its totally getting a new z06 motor. fuel injection and the works haha. i certainly can respect someones time, effort, dedication, and passion, but i just plain dont like carburators. im sure alot of it stems from the fact i know little about them, but i also love technology and seeing how far one can go with it.
MS Windows RULES! :rockon:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Of The Moonlight said:
what i cant respect is hillbillies that think carburators are better than fuel injection and computer controls....

They are, though. At least, in my experiance. I daily drive a 67 Barracuda. I USED to daily drive a 99 Neon. Why the switch? The Barracuda was more reliable, and a helluvalot easier to work on.

Also, not all of us at Dodgecharger.com hate the new Charger. I try to fight the good fight, trying to get people to accept it. :happy:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
carb is awesome....if i had the desire for an older car and put the money into it for my dream car.....a 69 charger (total dukes of hazard style)....

but fuel injection rocks and nascar will soon be pulling into that direction....research is already beginning on fuel injection

my 2 cents on this...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts