Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know if any of you have noticed this article which was posted on Dodge's official site while I was lurking around but I think I've found a picture of the new R/T and what it looks like. The article is somehow hidden to the public and I've managed to find it in the "Contact Us" section so I guess this definitely must be the new look of the R/T. In fact, it was even placed in the "Past & Future Car" section. So that explains everything.

Along with the name, we also brought back the heritage that made Charger R/T a legend. This concept car advances four-door style into an entirely new dimension. True to the original muscle car form, Charger R/T, with its low, thrusting hood, has a powerful V8 matched with a five-speed manual transmission that drives the rear wheels. The front grille and lamps look menacing. The body is taut. The rear deck with spoiler, and the fascia with sly-looking taillamps and twin exhaust outlets, all signify a vigorous departure from the past. In true retro form, 1966 meets the millennium. One look at the radio knobs and three-spoke steering wheel will confirm that. The pistol-grip shift lever adds to the feeling.

Throughout this interior past and future, street and racing are balanced. Exposed metal is emphasized -- but the front and rear bucket seats are made of carbon fiber and have red leather accents. Because the Charger R/T is supercharged, the 4.7-liter SOHC, 16-valve, V8 engine has the kind of ferocity that results in 325 horsepower.

But Charger R/T is environmentally gentle -- its Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) fuel produces negligible emissions at the tail pipes.
Source: http://www-5.dodge.com/dodge_life/p...future-concept_cars-durango_hemi&type=textNav

·
Registered
287 Posts
Probably just a concept at this point, noted in the 2nd sentence of the posted article. As for the engine setup. I'm a little scepticle (sp?)

Nice body design, but where would you fill 'er up these days?

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
im sooo glad my charger doesnt look like that lol i like the ass on it and the concept of the interior is tight

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Yup, thats the 1999 concept. I have seen it many times at auto shows and at the Chrysler show at Carlisle in past years. I even have one of the matchbox cars just like it. :)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yep, manages to be both past (when it was shown) and future, (when it was intended to be made):)

What isnt mentioned these days is that is was originally intended to run on natural gas, hence the supercharging, since that fuel has a lower power capability, so the blower was needed to keep ti competetive. That slopingh hood left no room for a big motor, like the Prowler.

·
Registered
146 Posts
That one looks so much better than the current box design. That was from the time when Chrysler had great designers.

·
Registered
968 Posts
That one looks so much better than the current box design. That was from the time when Chrysler had great designers.
I think you'll find very few that share this opinion...

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I think you'll find very few that share this opinion...
Umm I'm actually kinda leaning towards his opinion. I love our chargers, but I've always been a coupe guy and this kinda looks like what would happen if a Viper and a Ferrari had a four dour baby.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I agree. I dig it hard. It makes the 4 door look less four doory. lol
But I still love mine too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts