Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, Chrysler is Frickin Retarded for putting a good for nothing cassette player in my car (It is 2007, right) and no way for me to plug in my Mp3 Player. My 06 300C had no cassette player and I COULD plug in my MP3 player! STUPID!

Okay, now that I'm done whining, my wife just got me a Sony Ericson W580i Walkman Cellphone. It was time to upgrade and the only thing I could think of that my razor doesn't have - that I would like to have - is an MP3 Player. I was reading the features and it has bluetooth headphone capability for listening to the FM Radio or MP3's. I'm not just talking about the ear bud like all bluetooth phones, but stereo headset bluetooth. Maybe this is nothing new - but I don't come out of my cave too often, so i'm amazed!

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=us&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip5&zone=pp&pid=10856

Now, to my point: I have Uconnect in my Charger - can I listen to the MP3's by switching to Uconnect and using bluetooth? Anyone here an expert on Uconnect? Thanks in advance (for listening to the whining and any advice you may have).

·
Registered
868 Posts
What's a cassette deck?????......

LOL

·
Registered
246 Posts
No the headset/mp3 player is a different bluetooth protocol, A2DP. The vehicle does not have that ability. The phone will pair with uconnect, but you can't play the music. I know, bummer.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
If you have an ipod you can just get an FM modulator to play your ipod through your radio. It wireless and works great. That is what I do. Its called an i-trip. You can get them at radio shack. Cheap and wireless!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have an ipod you can just get an FM modulator to play your ipod through your radio. It wireless and works great. That is what I do. Its called an i-trip. You can get them at radio shack. Cheap and wireless!!!
Hmmm...no Ipod, do you know if it will work with other MP3 Players?

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
fm modulators work for any player with a headphone jack. plugs into the headphone jack and broadcasts to a fm station which you tune to and hear your music

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
You can purchase an FM Transmitter the plugs into a standard headphone jack, if you want to retain wireless capabilities. The only problem I have found with them is that if you live in a major metropolitan area, the reception can be pretty bad (like where I live). The solution I have found to this, which worked on several different cars I've tried it on, is to remove the radio antenna from the car. The downfall to this method is you will now get crappy reception on your AM/FM radio.

It all depends on what you want to do, The preferred method is to get a direct connection to the head unit, but most factory head units do not have an auxiliary input.

·
Registered
202 Posts
When i had my truck i installed a FM modulator inline with the radio antenna. It has antenna input/output as well as red/white input. whenever the box picked up a signal coming through the red/white it shut down the signal coming from the antenna and sent the signal from the MP3 player to the radio instead. We ended upi installing a switch b/c it was unrealiable when i came to sensing which signal to use. But it worked great b/c instead of picking up a completely wireless signal it was sent staright through the antenna cable to the radio.

From what I understand it is the same setup used to send the sound from some OEM overhead DVD players to the radio.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts