Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2012 Charger rt 5.7. k&n CAI and throttle body spacer, and Magnaflow mufflers. I want a little bit more exhaust sound though. I'm thinking about getting longtube headers and possibly a whole catback exhaust system. But which should I get? Or would it be okay to run headers with just the magna flow exhaust I have now?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I have 2012 Charger rt 5.7. k&n CAI and throttle body spacer, and Magnaflow mufflers. I want a little bit more exhaust sound though. I'm thinking about getting longtube headers and possibly a whole catback exhaust system. But which should I get? Or would it be okay to run headers with just the magna flow exhaust I have now?

If you want your car to simply be louder you can change the mufflers again. Magnaflow mufflers are very reserved and refined, they are also on the quiet side. Doing a full cat back is a good option if you have a little more money to spend.

Running long tubes with your current exhaust would be fine. However keep in mind that you will need a good custom tune to allow the car to adjust to the long tubes appropriately. Long tubes also don't make the car much louder, they do however change the tone of the exhaust and some have mentioned it cuts down on drone.

If all you are looking for is more sound then I would do the exhaust first. The long tubes are a more involved mod that require more time and money. It's usually something folks do more down the line after knocking out the "basic" mods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll just start with the exhaust first. Thinking about the super dynomax or slp? I don't wanna spend too much so what do yall think?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Thanks. I'll just start with the exhaust first. Thinking about the super dynomax or slp? I don't wanna spend too much so what do yall think?

I have the SLP Loudmouth 1 and I love it. It is the loudest and most aggressive exhaust for these cars.

Many members here have the Dynomax system and have nothing but good things to say about it. The DynoMax system is more on the mild side but still had a nice little rumble.

It all comes down to what you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts