Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I did the brake pad change out on Saturday ... Removed stock pads and put on the Posi-Quiet ones.... The dust difference is amazing ...

The whole job took about 2 hours ... Most of that was jacking up the car and cleaning the hell out of the wheels and brake parts ...

Each corner took about 10 minutes to remove old pads and install new ones...

I highly recomend doing this...

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Glad it worked out for you. Did they have any instruction on bedding them?

Scott

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Those are the bedding instructions I followed too. The smell was really neat at the end of the hard braking! Hahahaha "smoke 'em if you got 'em!".

I've had mine on for a while, squealing is completely gone, so is the brake dust. I haven't used a wheel cleaner once ever since - just an old microfiber wash mitt and the end-of-the-wash soap bucket.

I'd probably put these pads on a brand new Charger just to NEVER hear that dam squealing again. It was oh so embarrassing.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Where did you get the pads from???? Need to order some like yesturday! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
926 Posts
I was wondering if buy putting the posi quiets on it would be harder on the stock rotors? Will I need new rotors more often?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I just ordered my posi quiets off ebay. Thats the only thing I dont like about this car. Brake dust.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I too am close to ordering pads. I posted the following question in another thread, but perhaps it is more appropriate in this one.

What I am wondering if anyone has tried the the other types of Posi-quiet pads and which ones are preferred for street use? There are three different types...Semi-metallic, Ceramic and Extended Wear. The pads sold on ebay are the semi-metalic version. Has anyone tried the Ceramic or Extended Wear Posi-quiets?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just bought them! I cannot wait for the brake dust to be gone. Cleaning my wheels every 2 or 3 days is crap.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I too am close to ordering pads. I posted the following question in another thread, but perhaps it is more appropriate in this one.

What I am wondering if anyone has tried the the other types of Posi-quiet pads and which ones are preferred for street use? There are three different types...Semi-metallic, Ceramic and Extended Wear. The pads sold on ebay are the semi-metalic version. Has anyone tried the Ceramic or Extended Wear Posi-quiets?
Yes. I have the ceramics on the front, and extended wear on the rears. I don't know the mileage I have put on them, but I'd guess 1500 to 2000 miles. Nothing negative to say, they're quiet, stop just like stock, and the dust is gone.

Of course I don't know about pad wear yet, but I don't care!!! My stock pads I put up with for about 20k miles, and they had LOTS of thickness left. So even if I get 1/2 of that, I'd be happy happy happy. The pads are so easy to change out, I'd have little problem doing it once a year.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Yes. I have the ceramics on the front, and extended wear on the rears. I don't know the mileage I have put on them, but I'd guess 1500 to 2000 miles. Nothing negative to say, they're quiet, stop just like stock, and the dust is gone.

Of course I don't know about pad wear yet, but I don't care!!! My stock pads I put up with for about 20k miles, and they had LOTS of thickness left. So even if I get 1/2 of that, I'd be happy happy happy. The pads are so easy to change out, I'd have little problem doing it once a year.
The posi quiets do stop as well as the RT brake pads (I owned an R/T before the SRT8)....not as good as the SRT8's OEM Brembo's though. You do get what you pay for! The brake dust aspect is nice...but not at sacrificing great braking, IMO! A buddy of mine with an SRT8 and I did a test last week with my car with semi metallic posi quiet brake pads and his OEM (stock) pads and the performance difference what more than apparent! I'll be switching back to stock here shortly!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have noticed that the stopping is not as great ... but I'm not RXing so I really don't care ... They seem fine for everyday driving... but do not stop as well as the stock pads ...

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have 10k on my Posi-Quiets and I have never looked back. Rotors are still perfectly smooth and I never really noticed a difference after the swap at 1k miles. It is certainly possible there was a reduction in performance but if so it was negligible, at least to me.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I changed mine out about a month ago and the dust is gone gone gone. The bad news is for some reason I now have a nice groove in one of my new rear slotted rotors. I'm going to take the wheel off this weekend and find out what is causing the grooving. I also get a squeek every morning backing out of my driveway. I did not re-use the metal spacers as the Posi-Quiets already had them on the pads. Was this a mistake as I've now read others are re-using there brembo spacers?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I also get a squeek every morning backing out of my driveway. I did not re-use the metal spacers as the Posi-Quiets already had them on the pads. Was this a mistake as I've now read others are re-using there brembo spacers?
I also have the exact same squeak (actually louder than a squeak) when backing out of my driveway and have never heard it at other times. I live with it.

I actually have Posi-Quiets up front and the Centric Semi-Metalics in back as they weren't available at the time. I re-used the shims in the back fwiw.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
i did mine over a month ago and LOVE them! got mine from a place here in socal for $95 shipped for all four pads.

·
Registered
731 Posts
A buddy of mine with an SRT8 and I did a test last week with my car with semi metallic posi quiet brake pads and his OEM (stock) pads and the performance difference what more than apparent!
I've had my posi-quiets on since June. No, the braking performance is not as good. Is it noticeable, Yes. Do I miss the brake dust, NOPE. So it comes down to what is better for safety. No brake dust and cheaper pads or dusting and great braking. Really, it's a high quality setup regardless and the braking is still much better than the majority of cars out there.

It seems that my rotors may be slightly warping. I've never had this issue on my past vehicles when changing pads. They pads were broken in correctly.

Oh well...I may look at going back to the stock setup as well in the future.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts